Note to New Members ×

some snow, some snow. MY KINGDOM for some snow.

paragonUE

So here I am, sitting in arguably the coolest room in my house, the bar, When I glance to my right. There sits my new renntiger, factory prime, and clash. I was immediatly struck by a wave of meloncholy. it rates among some of the worst, pit of my stomach feelings I may have ever had. Sometimes longboarding isnt enough. anybody have suggestions for beating the blues/lack of snow cabin fever?

Dude, you recycle it, or more correct, reuse it. (That's a more "green" concept) We carve the snow at Tahoe, and then when it melts we rip it up in the delta. (Same water, just downstream). Water ski, wakeboard, barefoot, inland surf, what ever you want to do. There's got to be some melted snow going by your place, or loading up in a reservoir somewhere. USE THE SNOW AGAIN!

Welcome to WATERSPORTS, your summer fix.

Actually, watersports got me into the winter sports. I played behind the boat long before I found out about playing in the snow. Find a buddy with a boat and start enjoying the other half of the water cycle. Even with gas prices today, it's still cheaper than lift tickets with a boat load of buddies.

Scott

Get a slalom skateboard. Just had an amazing day of it yesterday in Antrim, NH with Glenn C and wavechaser. It beats the sh*t out of longboarding, as far as being similar to alpine. Its cheap...er, an insane workout, and will make you a better alpine rider. Just do it!

...the bitter heady hotness of summer makes the sweetness of winter taste so fine!!! And who can forget the almost erotic teasing of a crisp fall day?

I've found that cooking/grilling/dutch ovening food in the evenings for myself and others, making cool adult beverages with a blender, and skating at my local park, biking, and longboarding takes a bit of the sting out of summer. Alas, I usually end up at the local (and only) watering hole by 10pm and taking a bike ride home makes a temptuous remedy for the summertime blues.

Without the hot weather, my tomatoes, peppers, kale, and squashes wouldn't do so well. So, abide the heat and find some solace in knowing that there is no Eternal Summer. Learn to be still, to quote the Eagles...

Hoping for overhead winter powder,

Mark

Skath: Best Reply EVER!