Note to New Members ×

Latest Build

Chubz

Some pics of my latest build. Had some set backs with learning the paint. Much different from doing shape, sand, stain and protective layer. Router was being a bit of a pain in the rump, but overall tickled with it and the riding of it. My wife thought the blood splatter was a bit overkill, but it fits the theme.

post-1008-141842258798_thumb.jpg

post-1008-1418422588_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842258803_thumb.jpg

Thanks Guys.

For the next paint job, I think I will do a few coats of poly prior to painting. Even after a fresh sanding and cleAning the grain of the wood prevented clean edges on painting and had an absorbing quality.

I'm not the greatest artist, which didnt help.

Here is a closer shot of the splatter.

post-1008-141842258806_thumb.jpg

Done, you have #2 at the deli line.

I will "truly" test it this weekend, hopefully......... heading back to Pittsburgh without the family, so as long as I can get a chase car I will be going down Penn View again (my avatar).

I was back there last weekend for the holiday and found a couple other hills, but family was in tow and wife dislikes my downhilling when she has to drive.

Maybe we can try to hook up next week sometime, most of my spare time has been going to the rock gym, which you are welcome to come along.

My Mom passed away last week, so thing shave been a bit busy.

Let's hook up soon, plus I have to update your board.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey-- picked up an old Sector 9 that I've been playing around with. Feels good to be back on a skateboard. Do you have any wheel and bushing recommendations? I'm mostly interested in pumping & carving not that crazy downhill stuff. Local skate shop couldn't really help.

Thanks,

David

• 2 months later...