Note to New Members ×

Scooters?

mtnken

I've had my Trek 830 (my main street ride) since 1991, and it had so much use, I bought a new bike last week, a Giant Iguana that I will modify for street use like I did to my Trek. And for off road, it is a Rocky Mountain Equipe that I got in 1994. I use it much less, so it is still in good shape. It had a couple of upgrades also.

Oh, wait, did you mean MOTOR bikes?

Derf

I don't know how much kilometers my Trek has, but I can tell you that my computer (that I bought in May of 2000) says around 13700 km. I can also tell you I rode this bike as a bike messenger for 2 summers (1997-1998), with between 60-100 km per day. That's enough for me.

Derf

Guest thomas_m
Originally posted by Bob Jenney

Boats

- Liquid Logic Session+ (Rodeo and ocean surfing)

Bob,

You need to buy a board and ixnay the buttsurfing in the ocean. Here in Washington, I rode a lot of ocean, tidal rapid stuff in my NDK Romany, whitewater in several Riots and used an Infinity waveski to surf in the ocean. However, once I caught one of these :

http://www.crowmountain.net/Surfing/WIP/09-27-03/index.html

on a real board, all the boats went on sale to build a quiver. There is no comparison.

BTW - nice bikes. My main rig is a custom '98 Landshark(http://www.landsharkbicycles.com/) built with Campy Record but I've been looking into the Sevens for this summer.

T.

Had a RF900 Suzuki but I sold it and started a family (still have the leathers, boots and helmet though).

89 Bridgestone RB-1

98 Fuji Team

Bontrager Race (from his last production year)

Miyata track bike.

My son has a Suzuki JR 50 but the noise scares him so it will be awhile.:D

And I aggree that Bob has way too many cool toys!

Guest thomas_m

I was kidding about the buttsurfing jab. I could care less what anyone chooses to ride their wave. As long as there is no dropping in or other kookness going on, it's all good. When I was surfing my waveski, I caught plenty of stinkeye at some of the local 'secret spots' where kayaks never paddle out so I decided then never to give any out myself. Sometimes when I see one of the outer reefs in the Strait of Juan de Fuca breaking a mile out, I wish I still had it as an option.

The problem with plastic ww boat is they don't have enough rail to really carve and stay on the green face on a fast wave. Before I got my waveski, I used Mega Cyclone and Mega Venom carbon fiber surfkayaks. If you're committed to surfing in decked boats, you might give them a look. It's a whole 'nother ballgame than river boats.

http://www.mega-kayaks.co.uk/ufo.html

T.

Guest AlpentalRider

Honda CBR600, but getting rid of it to buy either a Yamaha FJR1300 or something simular (wife likes to ride with me so need a good 2up bike and the CBR is NOT one lol).

Guest Randy S.

Wow Bob! I figured I was the only one here riding a Fat City Cycle. I have an original Fat Chance. Its been modified rather substantially since I first got it. It no longer has a u-brake and has a lot more gears than it started with. What's original on it? Let's see...handlebar (but not stem), Frame. That's it. Wheels, drive train, front fork, brakes, etc. all updated. I sent it back to Fat City a few years ago for a new paint job and newly welded on mounts for brakes. Last season I had to get all new rear drive and shifters. It still is a great ride. I bought it from a shop called Pedd'lin Fool in Henniker NH in 88 or 89. Now that I'm in CA, almost no one knows what it is. It has been ridden in Quebec, NH, ME, VT, MA, CT, NY, NJ, CA and NV. Lots of miles and smiles. In fact, I'll be out on it this afternoon before the Sharks-Avalanche game starts.

Other summer quiver items: Carveboard that I've hardly ridden, various sized kites w/ a Lightwave board, Saab 900SE.

I have a

Rz 350 That is in a million pieces right now 1mm over bore, shaved heads, Ported and jetted HUGE. falicon crank, Toomey chambers. this thing rips and is a lot of fun (when it isn't blown up like now )

Ducati 851 That is only now running correctly after years of searching for the bugs...will be heading to loudon in june with it for open practice.

Moto Guzzi Sp 1000 big twin touring bike

Bikes

Gios Torino road

Gios Torino Track

Somec Sl air 2001 road

Maza Max tube road

Richard Sachs road

Stump Jumper fs mtb

All with way to many miles to count.

about a million road, track, timetrial, training wheels and a disc ....spare parts, gadgets stems, bars, spokes, pedals, hs, bb, cranks etc. that fill up 6 or 8 bike boxes. All collected during my 12 years racing... all collecting dust for the last few years. My racing days are over... May break out the mountain bike in the next week or two

Originally posted by Art

Ah yes, u-brakes and Biopace, the good old days. :D

Back then, shifters were REAL shifters (thumbshifters, good ol' XT), brakes were real brakes (NON low profile cantilever brakes), there were no suspensions, no sloping top tube, all bearings were real bearing, no cartridge anything.

Seriously though, in the last years, with the arrival of V brakes, good version of SRAM shifters, cartridge bearings, and so on, bikes are getting even better. Like I said earlier, I bough a new one this year (mountain bike converted for city riding), and it is amazing how things changed in the last 15 years.

15 years!!! Wow, I'm 27 and this makes me feel old. Maybe I got into cycling too early.

Derf

Originally posted by thomas_m

Bob,

You need to buy a board and ixnay the buttsurfing in the ocean. Here in Washington, I rode a lot of ocean, tidal rapid stuff in my NDK Romany, whitewater in several Riots and used an Infinity waveski to surf in the ocean. However, once I caught one of these :

http://www.crowmountain.net/Surfing/WIP/09-27-03/index.html

on a real board, all the boats went on sale to build a quiver. There is no comparison..

T.

So true. I wish I wasn't scheduled to have shoulder surgery next monday. I'm going to miss the whole summer and fall. I don't know who is more upset by it though; my wife or myself. She would rather surf than snowboard any day (some weird foot attachment issue). Are those pics from the Jetty?

________

DOUBLE EAGLE AUTOMATIC AIRSOFT ELECTRIC

Guest thomas_m

My wife would rather board than surf... Bigger than waist high and her eyes start looking like boiled eggs, LOL.

Yeah the 9/27 are from the Corner at the the WP jetty. Other days have pics from WP & the Strait. Still haven't gotten a good pic day from Neah since I started shooting surfing, usually raining or too busy trying to catch waves myself. All the pages are here:

http://www.crowmountain.net/

Haven't been in the water since Jan 25th - had my first day boarding on Feb 2nd and winter priorities shifted... Prolly head to WP this weekend and get some little ones.

T.

yeah the old days... down tube friction shifters, 6 speed freewheels, SLX tubes were new

Junior restriction of 53 15

Nelson Vails was king "the Cheetah" then Ken Carpenter and I forget who next.

Did all the tours in the area... Fitchburg, Tour de' 'Toona Pa. Killington as a Cat 2. I forget where else somthing else up in Vt. climbed through the notch and then a burlington crit. Everything in the eastern area. started as junior ended as a 2 road 3 track

I would go down to Trexlertown in Pa and when I was slumming off to Kissena NY. match sprints, points, scratch and kilo's

I LOVED the track so much.. fixed gear IS the coolest

Bob track Nationals and Mtn. Washinton hillclimb in the same sentence!! It makes my stomach hurt thinking about that much climbing