Note to New Members ×

$100 lift ticket.

davekempmeister

Is there such a thing? I've watched the price hikes of recent years and assumed that we'll see $100 lift tickets eventually. It's almost like a race. Maybe I'm naive and it already exists (maybe due to exchange rate?). Anyone know of one already? If not, who'll be first? I have a friend that sort of shut it down years ago when he had to pay $50 at Heavenly. Anybody plan on quitting at $100?

even in the late crazy financial world eighties I worked at a major ski area where we had a local who knew everyone and their families become ski school supervisor all of a sudden.

Guess what

We had 124 or more instructors.

many of them teen agers.

but myself and five other older guys every single weekend were not allowed to have time to run Nastar at 1:00 on Saturdays, because we 5 were teaching the only ten booked lessons.

Meanwhile 80 of the official instructors never taught even one single lesson all season.

Not even when Howard Brooks, two others in their fifties and I were teaching beginner classes of 24 or more students solodid these other "instructors" even have to help teach.

Yeah they raise the ticket prices like that and all professionalism in the sport goes out the window before the snow falls.

GWS

It's $50 a day per adult in the holiday season on our massive 350 feet of vert. Oh, it's lovely! Luckily they have a pretty good deal on the seasons pass. Previous seasons pass holders can get one (unlimited) for 230 bucks. And non-previous seasons pass holders can get 4 at a time for 230 bucks each.

I just ended up searching for some discount deals and going to several resorts throughout the season. I didn't pay more than $64 any given day. Unfortunatelly, the most expensive place was the closest. All the other places were 1.5 - 2 hours drive. Will save up for season passes next season at T-ride which is 1 hour away. It's $1000 for an early bird special and you don't get any perks to other resorts through them. All the others give you free days at other resorts :( With the price of gas, going to have to go to the closest place next year and make a couple of visits to the others for special occasions.

At Baldy, they sell 10 all day any day tickets for 65 dollars.

That's what I call value! 6.50 a day.

I'm sure they make all their money with people buying a pack, going once, saying "What?! No green trails? 2 blue trails that actually open? NO JIBS?!?!"

And going back to Mt. High.

Baldy is well worth the 6.50 a day for many reasons. All the gangsta snowboarders stop coming when they realize that there's a reason they put the jibs where their's no snow, and the pinheads aren't condescending, they are also gangsta, yet enjoy the slalom, and skiiers ALL wear jeans and a fleecy kind of thing. My dad looks like an iconoclast at Mt. High, but fits right in at Baldy.

With your tanking dollar and soaring inflation, if it were winter now, I'd say you'll see $100 lift passes before the season was done.

Next season? Absolutely.

If the cost of a resort mission doesn't go up by at least 25% for next time around (gas, F&B, sessions and rentals, ect...) I'll eat my own ass cheeks, "Alive" style.

Hey Crimson... The dog's a Husky. Do like those Wheatons, though.

Wow! Just got an e-mail from Telluride ski and golf. Pre-season season pass price is now $1198!:eek: Regular season price is $1850. 4 years ago you could get the pass for $945. I guess they are trying to keep it open to millionairs only:smashfrea I better start saving now. Might have to thin my quiver just to buy a pass.