Note to New Members ×

motocross style helmets

CarvCanada

mellow yellow- that resort looks almost identical to the one of the ones i ride at (lemme guess landfill?)

anyway, Gyro makes a nice fullface, not too flashy and not too beastly. i havnt been able to find anyone that sells them onlin though.

Just curious but I'm in the market for full face and was wondering if the full face with the rigid chin guard would be a neck snapper. I've noticed that some of the ski/slalom/whatever are using a flexible front chin to redirect the force of the blow and absorb some of the impact without to much of a rebound affect (like a badly tuned motorcycle shock that just bounces you off the seat). Any input on this?

backcountrystore.com only has smalls

Meanwhile this shop has a suspiciously-similar-looking BMX helmet for only a little bit more... anyone know if these are the same product? Is it a BMX helmet being sold to snowboarders, or a snowboard helmet being sold to BMXers, or two different products with the same name, or what?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1426880&cp=1178449.1066853&parentPage=family

Guest Mike Ford

Dainesse makes a good one, the Red full face helmet is decent. Most mtn bike helmet manufacturers have a downhill version with fullface that work just fine for snowboarding

Guest Randy S.

Keep in mind that full face helmets are even hotter than regular ones. For people like me who sweat a lot, vents are critical. I have the Giro full-face and even that, with its vents, is pretty warm (too warm for every day riding). The Red one has almost no vents. MX helmets tend to be made much stronger and are therefore often heavier. Giro makes a full-face bicycle helmet. I've been trying to find one in my size but haven't succeeded yet. That looks really appealing to me for the times I have to run SL with skier poles. I'd wear it if I ran BX also.

Here's a picture of me in my full-face from Giro. One other note, try to get one with a smaller, rather than larger, front end. The bigger it is, the more it gets in the way of your forward vision.

post-68-141842197582_thumb.jpg

anyway, Gyro makes a nice fullface, not too flashy and not too beastly. i havnt been able to find anyone that sells them onlin though. [/b]

I bought a Flint full-face helmet through this company a year or two ago. They're good people, too. The first helmet I ordered was too big but they traded it in for a smaller model with no fuss.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/csskiequipment/20giskisnhe.html