Note to New Members ×

UPZ Boots Sizing Question

Thumper

For those of you riding UPZ RTR boots - My feet are 27.7cm, I currently ride Deeluxe Suzuka 27.5 boots (street shoe size is 10 1/2 but that's really n/a), would you recommend a 27.5 or 28 mondo UPZ boot using the stock liners? My feet are regular width with relatively high arches. Thanks, I just want to know if the "slightly smaller" rule applies to UPZs like it does to Deeluxe.

I have Raichle 324s and UPZ RTRs both in size 27 and the length is the same as far as I can tell. The UPZ is a bit wider, the Raichle has more room around the ankle. I have wide(ish) feet and scrawny ankles, so I'm much happier with the UPZs.

I tried UPZs in 26 but couldn't get enough length. Was just about to try heating/stretching the shell, but got 27s instead and have been pretty happy with them.

26.5 and 27.0 if I recall correctly. I lost my ruler. I'm using thermoflex liners too by the way, I should have mentioned that.

How do you feel about the length of the Deeluxe boots you have now? I'm pretty sure Deeluxe's 27.0 and 27.5 boots use the same shell, just a thinner liner in the 27.5. I think that's also true for UPZ but I don't really know.

How do you feel about the length of the Deeluxe boots you have now? I'm pretty sure Deeluxe's 27.0 and 27.5 boots use the same shell, just a thinner liner in the 27.5.

I think you're right about the shell size. I got them with the stock non-thermo liners. They seemed a little tight lengthwise until they packed out a bit then they were fine. I wore those liners out and then got some thermos (size 27.0 -which kind of confirms our earlier premise). What a difference! Perfect fit and comfort, although it seemed like the stock liner with powerstrap was a bit stiffer. I really like the Suzukas but they have 90-100 days on them and I want to move to a slightly stiffer boot.

Say, Thumper

Are you getting these from Dan Yoja? He has good sizing instructions and can aim you in the right direction.

I got my UPZ-RTRs from him in January and they were perfect lengthwise.

I also have high arches and had a little trouble with the tongues digging into the top of my arches until I discovered that the position of the tongues could be adjusted by moving them back via the velcro down by the toes. As the liners have packed a bit I have moved the tongues back to the original position. This works better than thicker socks.

As Boardy mentioned, the new "flo" liners seem to hold up well. I agree that they are likely to last several seasons. I have about 30 days on them and the heels are still tight as ever.

Great boots.

"All this inertia is getting me nowhere!"