Note to New Members ×

my video deleted for copyright claim?

caspercarver

I posted a video on Google on Saturday and by Sunday it was yanked because of a claim for copyright infringement. This was a homemade video of me snowboarding. Google gives no explanation of who is making the claim but a lengthy process by which i could dispute it. I did use the word "Swoard" in the title. i went to "swoard" web site and i did not see any "TM "or "C" on the word "Swoard". Also looked on my board, no trademark on "Swoard" there either. I tried uploading under new title and file name with no mention of "Swoard" and it is being blocked. This ever happen to anyone else? :mad:

I haven't had this happen to me, but here's a suggestion for getting around it. I bet that they fingerprinted that file and are rejecting it based on contents, not file name. Try changing the file itself slightly -- add a longer intro or more text or something. Maybe you'll be able to upload it then.

we copyrighted the name to be even used in people's conversations over the telephone ( beeps when used)....

;)

It has to be some other stuff, ( music, other name? title?)

believe me we are not big enough to be able to manage google video copyrights with a keyword!!

Nils

i just assumed that it was swoard making the claim. i never considered "magic carpet ride" in the video. i called a friend who knows all about copyright laws and she said it was probably the use of the music, i used in the video. i will edit out these things and come up with a new title and sound. thanks two-ravens.

it is Steppenwolf claiming copyright violation. i dont get it. i watched maybe ten videos with "Magic Carpet Ride" playing in the background but my video gets deleted almost instantly. i uploaded video to youtube and they deleted my video within ten minutes.

Maybe they thought your carving was too radical and incendiary as a result.