Note to New Members ×

my new Swoard

caspercarver

Beefed up :confused:

stiffer, made for a big guy. Big Canuck goes about 220 and I'm a tad bigger than that so Bruce made the EX a lil extra BEEFY.

I was so intrigued by the Swords and worked out a trade for the EX, So glad I did. The Coiler EX is so fun to ride. Now I want a metal version.

Swords are awesome boards , pokkis, from what I've read but it seems geared to a lighter rider, say 180 pounds.

Casper should be the poster child for Sword:biggthump

he just needs to work on those toesides:rolleyes:

Otherwise: heelside :biggthump and damn, I'd like to be on such slope, well groomed and no other riders. Though seems not steep enough for extreme carving?

Snow King is a small mountain, but pretty steep. Somehow the video really compresses the vertical. It has 1571 feet of vert (I think that's about 470 meters?) and you are looking straight from bottom to top in that opening scene, yet it appears flat... Don't know how steep you need for good ECing, but I think cc is scrubbing huge amounts of speed getting so low.

I was going to ask why he picked such a busy day to ride there! LOL The place is usually deserted until after school when the young racers come out to train.

Guest Tool Can

CasperCarver,

I am thinking you should skip the my new Sword Tittle. My Kick Arss Heel side is not a very humble tittle,but it is fitting.

WOW,That's Stylen!

Uhm,I miss Jackson

When I said small, I meant just 400 acres and 3 lifts - tiny compared to a certain other ski resort across the valley! ;) And even though we lost our long-held "Steepest top to bottom run in north america" title a few years back, the King is still plenty steep! Luckily, we have several square feet of beginner terrain for me to learn on.:eek: I better learn caspercarver's amazing EC style quick!!!!

Hey Casper looking good. Better than good. Awesome. On the heelside.

But...

Stop reaching for the snow on toeside. And if you have to reach, reach with the right hand not the left. Keep the left hand up high until you have snow contact. Then you can grind.

I love to do full body double handed laydowns too. :biggthump

Start with right hand moving down your leg towards the boot top, when you start getting that pressure managed then start driving that hand forward ( this is really about the shoulders more than hands but it kind of works together) in front of your boot top and in front of your knee. I actually push my front knee down and into the turn on toeside with my front hand to warm up to this.

It's the internet take it for what it's worth. The King looked awesome. I have only been there for races so not so much recreational carving there but it looks great. Keep slaying 'em.

good advice everyone. thanks for the good words on the video too! i also need to thank Super Snow King Dave for shooting the video while he was working selling lift tickets to all the other people. thanks man. is this series of photos an example of "breaking at the waist? :confused: still have not been able to get out, been raining and slushy.:mad:

post-3662-141842254489_thumb.jpg

post-3662-141842254491_thumb.jpg

post-3662-141842254492_thumb.jpg

Casper

In the middle picture it does look as if you may be breaking sideways at the waist.

In AASI motion analysis clinics I was taught to look work from the snow up .

your front leg is not bent forward at all at the ankle ......so by the time of the center picture you are already behind the carve of the board. Which I think is a feeling you mentioned.

work from the snow up

In this case the front leg is causing you to break when you get behind the board. Cure the cause not the symptom.

Think like Sugar Ray and punch your way through the turn with your front arm. A front arm front boot grab is a start for beginning hard booters but you are way beyond that so..... Think NINJA and you have Iron left fist to punch through the wooden door for your toe side turn. Fist has to go through the door before you can.

I think maybe that will keep you forward and thusly keep front ankle bent.

Which will keep you on top of or maybe (the way I like it) a little ahead of the carve. That will in turn solve the waist thing.

my philosophy is to violently fall down the mountain and drag the board along for the ride. Same with skis. I have to stop and really think about it to do anything for demo except my normal super aggressive cross under push the board up the hill form you turn starts.

My shoulders usually stay the same Height off the snow for all turns and runs. leg extension and contraction is all in the horizontal plane. Shoulders stay level or rather parallel to the snow surface

Let me know if this helps.

Grandfather Wolf