Note to New Members ×

Thanks for schooling Stowe about Carving!

kathy brower

Heard more mono-ski comments this last week than I have in several years - guess the education was needed

Thank you so much for all your work Geoff - that was great! Thanks to all for getting me out at night and out carving.

Eric E - sorry about your Dog - :(

Robert V- sorry we didn't get to take any runs - I saw you from the lift several times and can see you've brought the carving up several levels:biggthump

Eric B - good to see you again!

Glad some folks got to ride with my pal Ron - he rips - huh?!

Angie and Gleb - I see they finally got the gondi running today - you'll have to report back on conditions - props to Angie for going out in the rain, the wind and the ice!

Nice to get to know some more of the bomber crew including the Canadian crew

Hope to see everyone again soon.

Kathy

I just got home to Boston. It was a quick, easy drive. My early departure should tell you how the day was....HARD AS A ROCK! Anything that wasn't groomed last night (and we know how Stowe is about grooming) was boilerplate with icy mounds. We found a few "good trails", and bigger props go to Gleb who stayed out there well past me when I bailed on him around noon. We took some runs on the triple, then they opened the Gondola, then when I tried to head to Spruce they had closed the Over Easy Gondy. Kind of found it unsettling to be in a Gondola cabin at the summit of the mountain when a gondy that takes you over a parking lot was closed :p

Hard as a rock and whipping wind eventually make me a chicken! I'm glad I at least gave it a shot, but greatful for Thursday and Friday. I sold my lift ticket to some tele skier for $30 haha!

Kathy, thanks for the hospitality!

It was great to put Bomber names with so many new faces. Time to start saving for my Coiler! :D

Angie

we got a "monoski" comment too... but we were set-up!:AR15firin

it was another carver, disguised as a softbooter:D

the slush was bad, but interesting? id rail and then suddenly my body would be forced through a mogul... yum yum icy chunks...

then the ice was a relief, because im so used to it now it was like being home! coulda done with less death cookies though...

we got a "monoski" comment too... but we were set-up!:AR15firin

it was another carver, disguised as a softbooter:D

"hey, whos yellow burton is that" (as i am purchasing a belgian waffle at the top of the gondola) "mine" i say. "when did burton start making monoskis?" he states, **jaw drops**

We went out last night and had a pphhhattt meal!

Kathy

After driving up and down the Mountain Road 12 times trying to decide, several locals recommended the Whip. I hope it was good :o

Pow - yes, that was me who you ran into in the lodge. I was bailing. The slush doesn't bother me, and I could have even dealt with the rain...but fog and me don't get along. I have a hard enough time figuring out what I'm doing on a clear sunny day :p Ice doesn't usually bother me, but we here in N.E. have been spoiled by an unusually great winter conditions wise (and UNGROOMED ice is just not fun at all!), so I was being a wuss on Sunday (sorry Gleb). It was nice running into you guys. Too bad the days weren't better and we didn't get to take any turns together! Maybe next time!

**jaw drops**

:lol: Had I known you were going to make the face you did, I'd have had my brother standing by with the camera!

Glad I ran into you guys and hope to get some runs in with you next season. This last weekend turned out to be a complete bust for me phisicaly, I felt like I was watching ECES from the outside rather than participating. I got Trader Jim with the monoski comment too. I was standing by him in the lift line along with with four other guys in hard boots. He just looked us up and down for a few moments, didn't say anything, and just handed me his poles and nodded. Rode the lift up with him. Very cool guy, wish I didn't have to turn down taking a run with him.