Note to New Members ×

UPZ guys, got a question for you...

bobdea

Velveeta, sorry, I dont know the answer to that.

Tex, I haven't given it a try with the DIN-left-on with the TD2, since I much prefer the Intecs. And I cant compare it to dedicated ski boots, since this is the only pair of boots that I really use/abuse with the skis exclusively. I have had friends telling me its soft enuf with freestyle skis (which is what I got -- Rossi Scratch).

What are you guys liking about the aftermarket liners? I've been using the stock UPZ liners (sans footbeds) for years and really like them. I haven't had issues with cold feet, lack of comfort, or pressure points, and just don't know what the others might offer above that.

for me, its because of this

I love the boots after I switched out of those liners. I have high calfs and pretty low volume legs, so the stock ones didn't cut it.

the middle clasp on both boots just seems to completly snap off when it gets really cold out. The type of metal they use seems to be really brittle in the severe cold. I'm not the only one that has the same problem. I've seen others. Its not too big of a deal, it just means the boot isn't going to be as stiff if the middle buckle isn't latched.

the middle clasp on both boots just seems to completly snap off when it gets really cold out. The type of metal they use seems to be really brittle in the severe cold. I'm not the only one that has the same problem. I've seen others. Its not too big of a deal, it just means the boot isn't going to be as stiff if the middle buckle isn't latched.

did Yoja send you a box of replacements for backup or are you stuck ordering them every time you break one?

dan yoja definitely took care of me. My warranty is up now, so I'd have to pay for replacements. I popped a rivet out of one of my boots in the very front of the tounge pretty recently too.

If bob's new boots are a significant upgrade from my version, I'll probably pick up a pair for my self for next season and put these up for grabs for cheap. I love the stiffness of these. To my knowledge, they're the stiffest hardboot out there, right?

**** gleb, if you take a burton fire, put zip fits in them and crank down the spring it will make UPZ look like a slipper.

UPZ is right in there with the deeluxe indy but has a totally different feel, neither felt TOO stiff other than the UPZ has a much smaller range of motion before buckles collide and the flex bottoms out.

the deeluxe boots don't really bottom out with the BTS installed.

the deeluxe boots don't really bottom out with the BTS installed.

They do when I ride them.... And my buckles collied and change the flex.

I am not a BTS guy however. They just make the boot to squisy for my taste and style. ( Red spring) I still want to Rivet the Deeluxe even with the 5 position installed.

UPZ i ride right out of the box. Boots are different for eveyone.

weird, the tongue on the AF 700s starts to collapse and jam into my foot before the buckles collide for me

I often ride with the second buckle down on the upper part of the boot very loose and it pops open sometimes so that could actually be the buckles colliding.

For me the tongue on the red UPZs was too much, I'm hoping that with the softer tongue, some shell work and these other liners I'll be much happier than I was with my first set