Note to New Members ×

boot Hunt: Head Stratos in 27.0..NOT Stratos Pro..anyone know where I can find them?

John Gilmour

I need the softer version of the head boot in a 27.0 shell so I will have room for foamed Strolz liners in it. no room for them in my 26.5's...besides..my shells are ripping.

The Liners will stiffen the regular Head Stratos to be closer to the Head Stratos Pro...which for me- if I use a Stratos Pro... is already too stiff.

So I am hunting for a new (preferable) or lightly used 27.0 shell. I could care less about the liners- they'll be dumpstered.

Old stock is fine.

Starting Gate is out of Head Stratos ....anyone else know any leads???.... surely someone has a barely used pair in their garage.

________

Dodge custom 880 history

They do not make them anymore. I agree with John. Stratos Pro is stiffer. Actually, I had Stratos Pro probably first year Head started to make them and they were the best. They were translucent blue, with yellow tongue. They made also Stratos Pro LTD and regular Stratos in that year. In the end of first season, one boot developed small crack and Head replaced them with red Stratos Pro and they are significantly stiffer. After ankle injury I got regular Stratos from Starting gate. They do not have metal buckles and interchangeable tongues. I prefer these, but my liner is already dead and I need to replace it with thermo liner. It is the shame they stop to make them. I could also use another next pair 26.5. I know there was company in Germany named ?Colored waters? about couple years ago and they carry boot probably made from the same mold as Blax-Head, maybe they are still in business and have something.

I use Head Vectors in a 26.5 mondo. They are dark blue if that has any correlation to the year produced. I've compared them side by side to the stratus pros and they look the same due to mold. Can't comment on shell materials though. Obviously performance would be different as the Vectors don't have the forward lean with a spring. It just has three modes: walk, race and (forgot what the all around carve mode is called). Not sure if this was the case with the Stratus and Stratus LTD.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the vectors for fit reasons. I suggest getting them. They're pretty hard to come by in the states.