Note to New Members ×

Installing new bindings and need a little advice

Buckles

I bought a new set of Sno Pros and am mounting them on a slightly used 179 Hot Blast. I am 6' 215 lbs. I hear a lot about cant and no cant. What's the recommendation. I am tempted to try it with no cant and then add later if needed. Bindings came with 3 and 6 degree and heel and toe lift stuff. I am going to the NC mountains tomorrow but there are no shops there with any experience with plate bindings and hard boards any longer. Thanks.

I would try it with 3 deg of cant on front and rear. You can run a little bit more stance width that way and have better control and balance. You can run it flat too, but need to narrow your stance some from running cants. Best thing to do is set it up so it feels comfortable. Where you headed? Sugar, App, is Hawksnest still open?

Now I am realizing a big problem. My huge size 12 boots are too big for the bindings. I have adjusted the toe and heel all the way out and can't get my fat ass boot in them. I guess I will continue to ride the trusty old 1995 Hot Logical asym until I get a chance to ride some demos at ECES and buy a new set up.

I recommend starting with no cant, 3 degrees of toe lift on the front foot, 3 degrees of heel lift on the back foot, and an inch or two wider stance than what you would use with flat feet. This helps with stability and mobility.

There is a full article on lift and cant here:

http://bomberonline.com/articles/canting.cfm

Other then that, I ride mine with no cant, big heel lift back, tiny toe lift front.

Just to clarify on this, with shims supplied in the set, you would need all 4 vedges to kill the built in cant. That leves you with the thick plastic pad for the heel lift. All that's left for toe lift is the rubber pad with bigger studs. If you wanted more toe lift, you would need to cut your own pad out of cutting board.

Now I am realizing a big problem. My huge size 12 boots are too big for the bindings. I have adjusted the toe and heel all the way out and can't get my fat ass boot in them. I guess I will continue to ride the trusty old 1995 Hot Logical asym until I get a chance to ride some demos at ECES and buy a new set up.

What bindings are you running the the Logical? and why not just move those to the new board if they fit your boots? Also modifying the heel and toe of your boots will probably weaken them considerably. I would not recommend doing this.

I agree with Jack, get a new set of binding which will work correctly.

Ink

I've got some 29's and my snowpros just barely fit. For your boots...That sucks!