Note to New Members ×

Sugarbush VT conditions for (2/15)

Ernie00

Just spent the weekend there.

Saturday was a carvers dream. Nicely set hero groomers.

Then it started snowing and didn't stop. The woods are in perfect conditions.

The forecast is for snow almost every day this week.

Only challenge next week will be crowds! Stick to Mt Ellen on Saturday for even the chance of any elbow room.

Have fun

You will be fine on Friday. Bring a powder board for the woods.

This weekend is president's day plus the begining of the school vacations cycle. Pretty busy time period, this weekend until March.

Ditto what Tom H. said. Last saturday was cRazY at Lincoln peak, and this weekend may be worse. The conditions are outstanding though... groom, powder, bumps.

One thing that is killing me with sugarbush is that the best carving run is always closed for racing (under Inverness lift). And then they don't run the lift midweek. :confused: Not to whine too much... but they could do a better job with the groomers between passes too... sometimes some really rough transitions between each groomer pass.

Anyway... those are minor details... you'll have awesome conditions.

________

Reviews Iolite Vaporizer

Monday is the holiday. Friday will be nice. The AM will be perfect! You are in for a great day.

I agree with Kmartshopper. I was pretty frustrated on Saturday to find a downhill course set up over three of the better carving runs at Lincoln Peak.

I wouldn't rate the bush as the highest as a carving spot, but there are some really nice runs for it. That said, I do think that it has the most diverse terrain and best back (side) country in the east. And a great vibe. Just be prepared with a quiver.

Tom H.

Thanks for the input ! Last time I have been to the bush is 10 years ago. We'll be there friday ... bus leaves at 5:15 am from Montreal.. Brutal... at least we won't have to fight who drinks less beer because one of us has to drive ! :)

I'm going with 2 friends softbooters (at least I got them to ride prior boards) so we will spend most of the day in the woods... I might even take the Donek Ax .. not sure if I'm ready to hit the brand new Coiler AM T on a rock yet ;)

Best place to find fresh snow ? Best Trees !

/QUOTE]

try

Castle rawk, eh ?

Try Rumble

bring a camera, we're gonna expect a report, eh ?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1xq0Rr4vFE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1xq0Rr4vFE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

On the Tanker 200. :eplus2:

better yet.....

try

Middle Earth:biggthump

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSfUgRL7BWo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSfUgRL7BWo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

johnny ego can rip on a carvin' board, too.the guy is a nut:smashfrea

It should be a great day. They got another 5-7" yesterday.

If your on a bus, you'll probably be starting out at Lincoln Peak. First thing you should do is check a grooming report. It being a weekday, they might not be buffing out everything.

Start out with some carving run on either Super Bravo (Snowball to Spring Fling usually has the best groom) or Gate House (only worth it if Waterfall has been groomed - if it has you can lap it and lay some trenches rignt under the chair)

I would then start playing out your options off of Super Bravo; Mall, Twist, Stiens and the spaces inbetween. Most bang for you buck off this as it is a HSQ.

Then head up to Heaven's Gate. Lots of great trails and wood shots. Look at a trail map and find the logical places for wood stashes. If it looks like there should be one there, chances are there is. Then just search for the door, follow the tracks in and explore. I'd show you where the doors are but I can't tell you...

And then there's Castlerock. Lot's of fun to be had... Last Sunday the woods off of Rumble were mostly untouched.

Then head over to Mt. Ellen in the afternoon. You can take the slidebrook chair or shuttle bus. More carving runs and woodshots between the trails.

The slidebrook area is in prime shape but I would recommend either finding a friendly local to take you through or sign up for a guided tour. It's a huge wilderness area between the two mountains. Round-trip tour including the bus ride back is about an hour. Very fun and lots of pow.

Follow all this with several Switchback Ales and a long nap on the bus ride home...

Recipe for a great day!

Enjoy,

Tom H.

I was out there today .. started out as a very slow day with only 2 lifts open because of high wind. At around 11 am everything opened up and I was able to hit the grooming off Bravo just before lunch !

As the day advance the conditions got better and better because of the snow falling but the woods were definitaly challenging all day. It had about 9-10 inches of fresh soft snow at the bottom, then a 1 inch crust and on top of it a 3-4 inches of fresh snow. You really had to fight the board for every single turn ! No sure if it rained or the temp got really warm but that crust was a pain !

We still managed to have a good day ! Found a few nice snow staches.

It was still snowing pretty heavely at the top when we left at 4.

thanks for all the info ! :)