Note to New Members ×

Monarch Invasion

D.T.

Kitchen pass is a go for 3/1.

I would stay for 3/2 as well but my brother-in-law is flying in from Tampa that same weekend. My wife was being nice letting me go 3/1 so I'm not complaining.

So it'll be myself +1 (best friend who rides softies) for Saturday. I'll bring the 3CCD camcorder for some video and I'll see if my best friend will take on that duty so we all can ride!

What's the gameplan for meeting spot, etc? Tom any suggestions? I assume the lifts start at 9am?

Pray for firm cord!

JPW

John -- it'll be great to see you again! Glad you can make it.

As far as the meeting place goes, I think that it might make the most sense to just do a few runs under the Garfield lift. It's the left-most one as looking from the parking lot at the mountain. The runs Romp (or Upper Tango if groomed) leading to Sidewinder with the run-out back to the lift are pretty good for spotting other riders. Lifts open at 9.

http://www.skimonarch.com/images/Monarch-trail-map.gif

I'll try to hook up with DT and Shelly for riding on Friday, hopefully I can skip work for a few hours in the morning. DT -- I got your email and will reply shortly!

tom.

Janet and I arrive Thursday evening and will also be riding Friday with DT and Shelly. Tom, can't wait to see and ride with you again.

As for the Dupraz: I will be bringing a 5'5", a 6' D1 and a 6' D1+. THANKS BOLA for allowing me to bring these down for us to test out.

See you all real soon.

Powder, powder, powder, powder, powder, powder, powder! Oh yeah, and a little bit of firm cord if I have too.

Ink

I'll be going for the day on Fri. Will be driving from Montrose so hope to make it there by 9. Depending on conditions will be riding an older Proto, or dark blue Generics or maybe my freeride board with plates. Have only got to ride with 1 carver in my entire life so I'm looking forward to this. Hope to learn alot from you seasoned carvers!

Really nice weather yesterday. Had a great time riding and watching all of you guys/gals rip up the cord! Ink, thanks for the tips. Will definitly try them out. DT hope your knee isn't too bad:( Enjoyed riding the Dupraz. I think I would have liked it better with some softboots though. Still very fun and adaptable. Hope to ride with you guys again!

Check out the video and some stills from it on this thread:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?p=187184&posted=1#post187184

Was great riding with you all! Hope we can make it to Loveland before the end of the season and get some more riding in with you. It's snowing in town now, 1.5-2" since morning... so the Dupraz boards would be perfect for tomorrow!

tom.

Hey all - Had a great time riding with you, even if I did sit out many a run with a sore back (40% of sore back translating into: camera shy!).

tpalka, you're the best on-mountain host ever - I don't think anyone in the group could guide us around their home mountain with as much clarity and attention to the skill levels of all group members. Thank you very much for your time and effort: if you were on Trip Advisor, I'd give you five radio buttons.

See you all at Lovey soon!