Note to New Members ×

Northeast wash out

Bobby Buggs

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's NO excuse brah - it's severly dumping up here (Burlington) right now...9-14" expected tonight...more in the mountains. I regularly get up at 3:30 or 4am to drive 3 to 4 hours (or more) to go to a race - where I have to register by 8 or 8:30. You could even arrive a little later since you aren't racing...you gotta WANT it mi amigo!! Otherwise just sit home and be miserable...but remember what those nice relaxing long drives home - with a big cup of coffe, tired legs, and a big grin - feel like....GET ON IT!!!! :cool:

If you can find a bus trip to take, 3 hours is a cinch. I ride every weekend at Okemo or Mt.Snow, and the drive is around 4.5 hours from NYC. Yes, it is definitely less convenient than two hours but it isn't the hell one would expect if you can find a bus trip. I wake up at 3:45, toss on my gear and run out the door to catch the bus at 4:30. Sleep for four hours as the bus is dead quiet, and then wake up at the mountain. Ride my ass off all day long, and show up at the bus dog tired, try to watch half of the first movie they play on the way home and then conk out.

It really isn't that bad if you don't have to drive :-)

If you can find a bus trip to take, 3 hours is a cinch. I ride every weekend at Okemo or Mt.Snow, and the drive is around 4.5 hours from NYC. Yes, it is definitely less convenient than two hours but it isn't the hell one would expect if you can find a bus trip. I wake up at 3:45, toss on my gear and run out the door to catch the bus at 4:30. Sleep for four hours as the bus is dead quiet, and then wake up at the mountain. Ride my ass off all day long, and show up at the bus dog tired, try to watch half of the first movie they play on the way home and then conk out.

It really isn't that bad if you don't have to drive :-)

Definitley the way to do it. Back in high school we had a traveling ski club that went all over the northeast. I'd get up at 4, drive to school, hop on the really nice busses that we took, conk out, wake up 3 hours later where ever we were going. Ride like hell all day, grab an ice cream and a soda in the mountain shop, munch during the movie and then crash. Best part was that it was always cheaper than a lift ticket alone - $55 to ride at killington, $99 for 2 days and a hotel room at Jay Peak...and no driving, gas fillups, or mileage on the car.

Today I learned that although powder days know no friends, they aren't nearly as fun if you don't have friends there to not wait for :smashfrea...it's an odd paradox.

Hey Buggs stop being such a pessimist! It may have rained for the past 2 days up at Stratton, but it started snowing last night around midnight, and the conditions today were suprisingly good. They will groom tonight and it will be carving heaven tomorrow. So, stop your bitchin' and come up and get low like back in the 80's:D

just got back from an awesome powder day at Loon. I really should've checked the forcast because i didn't know it snowed overnight and all i had was a gs and sl board, and not my bx. I ended up making it work and by the end, i was getting through to the ice and the moguls were non existent because the powder was so light.

No carving until 2 pm but its nice to get a rare treat like this.

3+ hours for a day trip? come on! Last weekend we got up at 2:45 to be outta boston by 4 am to get to sunday river for 1st lift. Too bad half the mountain was closed because of the wind. Still a good time though.

Feel free to come along sometime, my car can fit 6 people total with the gear. I do the driving so everyone else can pass out :biggthump

just got back from an awesome powder day at Loon. I really should've checked the forcast because i didn't know it snowed overnight and all i had was a gs and sl board, and not my bx. I ended up making it work and by the end, i was getting through to the ice and the moguls were non existent because the powder was so light.

No carving until 2 pm but its nice to get a rare treat like this.

3+ hours for a day trip? come on! Last weekend we got up at 2:45 to be outta boston by 4 am to get to sunday river for 1st lift. Too bad half the mountain was closed because of the wind. Still a good time though.

Feel free to come along sometime, my car can fit 6 people total with the gear. I do the driving so everyone else can pass out :biggthump

Gleb = superhuman that requires no sleep. He's the product of a rouge experiment back in the Motherland to create russian carvers that could actually win.

Buggs, I'm trying to send you snow from Colorado. There is too much here, and more on the way. In other news... Spent today carving at Keystone with a guy who turned 60 last fall. You know what? He didn't complain once all day long(I cried UNCLE at 2pm):)

For such a great guy, you make it on the Hate list real easy:angryfire

What's up with the attitude brah? The snow is unbelievable now, and the season has been really good so far - December was downright phenomenal. Like the ad used to say - JUST DO IT...or keep it to yourself and don't bring everybody down. No matter what anyone here says - you seem to have a negative answer...maybe you WANT to be that way???

So ding can you gave me something to smile about from the Beast:biggthump

Word on the phone is, conditions are "Fantastic".

This is from one of the other snowboard instructors who is out riding now.

Blandford? I didn't know you could get a seasson pass to go sledding.:D:lol:

Is that the Steph that was at Okemo a few years ago for the "Faux- ECES"? It was my first year of carving, holding my own but knowing I could get better. so part of my time there was picking out the folks that rode well and observe them a bit.

If it is her, all I can say is that gal ripped, hip to hip leaving ruts many men only dream of. I thought I heard "Dreamweaver" when I first saw her ride.......THEN, maybe the second day there. Get into a lift line, look up and there she is. "Dreamweaver" again. As I gawk through my pillowy haze, she leans to the side and slings a set of snot rockets, right nostril, left nostril with out missing a beat in her conversation. No tissues there, just let it fly.

All I thought........What a Goddess!!!!! If I werent married I would have asked her out on the spot.:1luvu:

Ok enough of me embarassing myself.

And Bobby, cmon down the the lovely weather we are having in PA and then post.;)

The fingers are cross that weather will treat us right for ECES and the goods will be delivered.

Dingger, I got the pass at the sled hill for my 9 year old to have a place to learn at during school breaks and weekends. Since I dont look to ride weekends much I figured it would be a good place to work with him.

When will you be able to confirm the Beast turned it around, I want to get out next week somewhere. Where are you out this way???