Note to New Members ×

Snow Summit 2/5/08

gdboytyler

You guys are killing me....

Why are you going during the week ??

I'm an office worker, I cant leave during the week... got only my weekends... sniff sniff

Hey, I'm an office worker also. Just taking some vacation to score some possible hero-snow conditions for next week. Forecast looks promising:biggthump

gotta run up my post count, Erwin is 10 ahead of me. One more thing, he ain't no alpine ace either!!!:):)

Aaron, jump into those controversial metal vs wood threads, and you’ll easily catch up. Now that you diss’ed me (or told the truth), I’ll have to spray you on Tues. with my old fashion, wood and glass board:AR15firin

Post mongers! I am surprised that D-sub has not contributed yet. Your a bunch of sell outs to the all mighty post. LOL Dave, I know your out there, you should also try and make it Tuesday. I should be there with Erwin and Aaron. That is if they will have me after the last comment.

Erwin, why is it so easy to take a vacation day for local boarding, and so difficult for a Mammoth trip? No more excuses buddy, especially after your reply to Frenchy. See you Tuesday.

GC

Erwin, why is it so easy to take a vacation day for local boarding, and so difficult for a Mammoth trip? No more excuses buddy, especially after your reply to Frenchy. See you Tuesday.

GC

All right, you shamed me into it. The next big dump at Mammoth, I'll take vacation time and hit it with you!

And I just ordered a Dupraz D1 5'5". So I can try out my new powder board, and you can finally de-virginize your Osin 4807:biggthump

Guest DarkClone

Last Wed. Jan. 30 was just some of the best snow on Exibition in the last 10 yrs. Very cold, hard, perfect grooming and NO PEOPLE!! Thursday was warmer and just perfect carving but not quite as fast. Friday the top surface was very firm during that dry front event. The carving was unique cause when you put some muscle into it you would break through the top layer and leave these insane trenches. Now Fridays are crowded like weekends so had to look over the shoulder constantly for guys on skiis and cafeteria trays straightlining. Anyway Erwin you know who this is. If you show up I will be at Summit Tuesday. Have to ride pow in the morning cause my son has a snow day and is foaming at the mouth to rip. Oh broke another binding at speed on a heelside Friday but got lucky! Darkclone out.......

Aaron, how are you? I have been thinking about the WTC event. I would like to attend. My daughter is attending school in Utah this year, and I would like to get up there to scare off her boyfriend and do some riding. Are going to attend the WTC? I haven't seen any posts concerning the event. Does it not usually happen in March? Anyway, I hope things are well. See you Tuesday.

GC

Gary, the WTC took place last 2 weeks ago, I didn't attend. I forfieted my plane ticket up there to go to CO possibly to attend the SES but that is not looking feasible now either.

It would be great if all the SoCal carvers were to meet at Summit one day. I can talk to my marketing friend who works at Summit to see if he would be interested in doing anything special for us.

Gary, the WTC took place last 2 weeks ago, I didn't attend. I forfieted my plane ticket up there to go to CO possibly to attend the SES but that is not looking feasible now either.

It would be great if all the SoCal carvers were to meet at Summit one day. I can talk to my marketing friend who works at Summit to see if he would be interested in doing anything special for us.

Asleep at the switch again:angryfire For some reason, I thought the WTC was much later in the season, Oh well... I have been out of touch with this snowboarding thing lately. Trying to get back into the routine, but it has been difficult with work. Last year we had a great time at June for the SNES. There was some demos from Donek, Madd, and Catek. Some pretty good riders showed up as well. You will have to make it this year. We'll talk later and make some definitive plans.

GC

Guest DarkClone

ALLRIGHT!! Well Darkclone WILL be at Summit en la manana! Today was obviously not a carving day at all, but underneath that fluff was a firm base. (remember it rained for like 8hrs.) Tuesday will be bluebird and possibly some unreal carving, no I will bet the farm it is gonna be first class on the Concorde, Dom in the champagne glass and we will go supersonic!! Silver was closed for repair in the morning so hiked from the quad and got 3 great runs in about 10 inches of fluff. Went to the boys room and lo and behold a carving board in the rack. Met the owner and had a great time just hitting the bumps and talking story on the lift. Oldvolvosrule it has been about 4yrs. and am looking forward to meeting you FINALLY!! What will happen? Well think about a good acid trip! Gdboytyler, Thumper, Garyj, and THUMPER!! the pleasure will be mine to ride with you guys!! Darkclone out................

I confess. Oldvolvosrule is my troll :lol:

Actually, OVR posted a group photo at Snow Summit a couple seasons ago. Both OVR and myself were in the photo.

Conditions at Snow Summit were very good on Tuesday morning. Hero snow on some of the runs. Not "all time", but definately the best carving conditions I've had this season. By noon, snow got pretty chopped up.

Gary, Thumper, DarkClone and myself rode in the morning. Then Jim W. showed up in the afternoon.