Note to New Members ×

Who was riding Stowe today?

kathy brower

For the first time I saw a group of 5-6 carvers at Stowe today - on gondolier just before 3pm - anyone from here?

I have seen the rare individual carver at Stowe - one from Stowe that rides with poles and a couple Canadians down for a visit ( I tell all about ECES) -

I was out on my MADD this am suffering - just not feeling the love - had gone home for lunch then out on skis when I saw the carver bunch........

KB

Hey Kathy that's like finding gold, sounds like you have been taught well from Bob and are taking on the ambassador role your self:lol:

Just think that's how you heard about us freaks a few years ago at K-Mart and now your doing the same:biggthump

Well we see you at Sunapee this Thrusday, the entire crew will be there

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Kathy that's like finding gold, sounds like you have been taught well from Bob and are taking on the ambassador role your self:lol:

Just think that's how you heard about us freaks a few years ago at K-Mart and now your doing the same:biggthump

Well we see you at Sunapee this Thrusday, the entire crew will be there

Guy with poles is Jim - he didn't seem that interested in ECES, also met a snowboard instructor named Dolan that carves he will likely check in for a day or two, met a girl learning on a Rossi Throttle - a board close to my heart! - didn't catch her name but told her and her boyfriend about ECES, also there is a shop employee at Spruce peak that carves I passed on word to him about ECES and bomberonline - apparently he doesn't know where to get boots...so now he does, also another pal snowboard instructer Jen - good rider I am hoping she will come and demo hardboots, a ski racer chick from MMSA that also rides and was psyched to see my carving board and today I was out on my Donek and I met Bud Keene's brother Patrick who was carving it up on softies with his pal Steven (daughter at MMSA - learning to race but mainly does freestyle) and also Patrick rides hard boots and will try to come for part of ECES

Should be a fun week - unless of course the whole Sunapee crew vanishes like today ...???

it was great up here - did it suck down South?

Sorry we didn't make the drive up to Stowe today. It was only John and I up there today. Could seem to find Eric. Anyway, the snow, err white pavement was very unforgiving but we had a good time on it anyway.

Besides we wouldn't be the Sunapee crew if we went up to Stowe now would we? ;-)

->Ben

Guy with poles is Jim - he didn't seem that interested in ECES, also met a snowboard instructor named Dolan that carves he will likely check in for a day or two, met a girl learning on a Rossi Throttle - a board close to my heart! - didn't catch her name but told her and her boyfriend about ECES, also there is a shop employee at Spruce peak that carves I passed on word to him about ECES and bomberonline - apparently he doesn't know where to get boots...so now he does, also another pal snowboard instructer Jen - good rider I am hoping she will come and demo hardboots, a ski racer chick from MMSA that also rides and was psyched to see my carving board and today I was out on my Donek and I met Bud Keene's brother Patrick who was carving it up on softies with his pal Steven (daughter at MMSA - learning to race but mainly does freestyle) and also Patrick rides hard boots and will try to come for part of ECES

Should be a fun week - unless of course the whole Sunapee crew vanishes like today ...???

it was great up here - did it suck down South?

What Kathy you think your working on commission here for ECES referrals.:lol:

I think one of them was Hailey who works at Burton I talked to her last week.

I'm headed up to Stowe for 4 nights on Sunday with my wife. I'll be riding 2 days next week. Lifts open at 7:30 next week correct. Is rain expected on Monday up there?

• 2 weeks later...
hey slushmonkey --

I ride (and sometimes ski) Stowe most weekends and usually one other day a week. If you're interested in meeting to arc some turns, let me konw.

Alberto

Hi Alberto

Sorry not to respond for so long. My sweet princess best pal dog, Jezebel died two weeks ago -:( I'm working hard to get back out on the mountain but it is a struggle.

I would be happy to take some runs with you. I'm not out too much on weekends - my pass is actually only a 6 day pass but I would go out on a Sunday early or late or a sunny weekday. (I'm a wimp on a carving board and go out on softies or skiis unless the conditions are ideal)

Are you going to ECES? I'll likely be out this Sunday afternoon.

Kathy

Guy with poles is Jim - he didn't seem that interested in ECES

I had a chance to ride with Jim my last visit to Vermont and he seemed entirely uninterested in Bomber or the carving community in general. He just pretty much does his own thing. He's incredible back in the glades though. He took my friend and I through some nearly untracked stuff which was stupid nice. The control he has in tight trees is amazing.