Note to New Members ×

Anyone actually ridden KickingHorse?

bumpyride

Yeah.

It's a big mountain with long runs. 4000 ft in one go.

If it hasn't snowed in a while, it'll rip your legs off. If it has snowed, you're stoked.

You'll likely want to stay in Golden at least part of the time as there isn't much in the way of on-hill amenities. You could get a suite on the mountain, bring your own food (there are 4 places to eat) and wreck yourself on the hill daily so you fall asleep right after dinner.

I wouldn't do a whole week there (unless it was epic), but I would do a day or two and then go down valley, hitting up the resorts between there and Castle, like Kimberly, Panorama and Fernie.

KHMR isn't really a carver's mountain. It's got serious kick-ass steeps there, though. What they casually label as black diamond would be double-black almost anywhere else. If it's tracked out, it's generally bumped up pretty serious so unless you can handle the bumps your choices can get pretty limited. I love the place, personally.

I was there a few years back, The gondola is great for top to bottom (over 4000 ft of vert) riding. The top half of the mountain is all open bowls steep as hell and no trees to stop you from sliding to the bottom. The rest of the hill is groomed or bumps with varying degrees of pitch. If you are going to go, be sure to bring an all mountain shaped board. Race boards wont cut it here unless you want to ride the lower mountain. I love steeps and bumps so It was a great experience for me.

If you like some backcountry, there is lots of opportunity from the top of the mountain but This year the snow is unstable so I would recommend a guide.

The restaurant at the top of the Mountain is pricey but the food is ok.

Oh yeah and there is some hot female Patrolers that work there. Might be a good thing to fake a sore arm or something.

:1luvu: