Note to New Members ×

Aspen/SES 08 - Do I need a rental car?

rschneid

I am coming to Aspen. I have never been there before. I am staying at the mountain house lodge in downtown Aspen. I am a newbie carver. As I read stuff it seems like I will be doing most of my riding at snowmass or buttermilk. Can I get from Downtown Aspen to Snowmass easily, as in walk 4 blocks and jump on a bus, or should I be getting a rental car?

I am staying at the mountain house lodge because by the time I could get around to making this happen that was all that my travel agent said was left.

Rich S.

No car is needed. the buses run continously and stop all over the place in town. Just be sure to grab the right bus (they'll be a lighted sign on the front) to the right mtn you want to go to that day. There are a lot of buses !!!!!! You'll probably get to the mtn of choice faster and easier without the car !!!!!! and cheaper too with gas at $4/gal here :mad:

JoelP

Plus, you can walk to anywhere downtown Aspen from the Mountain house lodge. I stayed there a few weeks ago and it's fantastic. Free brekkie in the morning, and it's good stuff. I'm sure there will be plenty of people driving to the mountain in the AM and to the parties in the PM to give you a lift. Making new friends at the SES is NOT hard at all! :lol: