Note to New Members ×

Nate Holland & Lindsey Jacobellis Win X Game SBX

gburgess

Nate Holland wins third in a row and Lindsey Jacobellis wins her fourth X Game SBX.

Lots of crashes in the men's race. And Lindsey just pulled off a victory when Dominique Maltais (who appeared to be gaining on her) fell.

Women's final story and results:

http://www.nessg.com/2008jacobellis_gold012608.shtml

Men's final story and results:

http://www.nessg.com/2008holland_gold012608.shtml

No that's no how SBX should be. You obviously haven't had many friends seriously hurt because of "the loose cannon" type of SBXers. Not saying Seth is one of these at all, but it isn't roller derby like people think, nor should it be guided in that direction by the public.

No that's no how SBX should be. You obviously haven't had many friends seriously hurt because of "the loose cannon" type of SBXers. Not saying Seth is one of these at all, but it isn't roller derby like people think, nor should it be guided in that direction by the public.

I totally agree. These guys are traveling at high speeds on demanding courses. An accidental push or bump is one thing--taking someone out deliberately is never acceptable.

The SBX at the X-games the last two years pales in comparison to the Skier-cross as far as injuries and crashes...it's total insanity!! Ambulances and course holds every other heat if not more. I said it last year and I'll say it again - build separate courses for the skier-cross and SBX. The skiers go so much faster that a hit which is makeable on boards gets out-jumped by the top skiers. The carnage on the second to last hit in this year's skier-x was absurd! :eek:

And GB - I'll echo the above commenters...don't forget to mark results you post with "SPOILER" in the TITLE so those who may tape, or otherwise watch the event later, don't find out who won just by glancing at the post titles list. :cool:

The SBX at the X-games the last two years pales in comparison to the Skier-cross as far as injuries and crashes...it's total insanity!! Ambulances and course holds every other heat if not more. I said it last year and I'll say it again - build separate courses for the skier-cross and SBX. The skiers go so much faster that a hit which is makeable on boards gets out-jumped by the top skiers. The carnage on the second to last hit in this year's skier-x was absurd! :eek:

And GB - I'll echo the above commenters...don't forget to mark results you post with "SPOILER" in the TITLE so those who may tape, or otherwise watch the event later, don't find out who won just by glancing at the post titles list. :cool:

Good point about the Skier-cross--Wave. Sorry. Misunderstood the "SPOILER" thing. Been up late working on music, been very busy at work. When I first read it, I thought you were implying something about one of the riders in the race. No joke. Just tired.

Regarding "SPOILER" notations, you are far more qualified to make this sort of judgment call than I am--so I humbly pass the job over to you.

??????? ...it's not a judgement call mi amigo, just a friendly reminder...unless, as usual, you are messing with me just for the fun of it...you big old Kahuna you.