Note to New Members ×

Will this work?? advice please!

Powercarver129

Hey all,

I am new to hardboots and I am on a tight budget but I have the chance to buy a 167 alping board for $125. I don't know brand or any other measurements. I will be using it to race in the USASA. anyone ever heard of only having ONE board and using it for both GS and slalom in competition? Is 167 too long for a slalom board for someone who is 5'11? Is it worth the extra money to get 2 boards, and if I do so what are my 2 ideal lengths... also any ideas on cheap brands that will get me down the hill fast?! Thank you so much any advice you can give me on this would be awesome.

youdon't really have to ask the same question in 3 threads...:smashfrea:smashfrea

I have the chance to buy a 167 alping board for $125. I don't know brand or any other measurements.

Find out. boards vary greatly and we can't tell you without knowing more than the length. Just find out the year, make, and model if you can - someone here will know the dimensions.

anyone ever heard of only having ONE board and using it for both GS and slalom in competition?

no.

Is 167 too long for a slalom board for someone who is 5'11?

yes.

Is it worth the extra money to get 2 boards, and if I do so what are my 2 ideal lengths...

one of the racers will chime in, but I'd say high 150's/low 160's for SL and 10ish cm longer for GS.

also any ideas on cheap brands that will get me down the hill fast?!

define cheap. define fast. racing is not cheap. Invest in good, properly fitted boots. Boards - You can use old burton stuff from Klug or find old boards in the classifieds here, but if you want to be competitive of a high level you will need a modern racing board and someone who knows how to tune it.