Note to New Members ×

So you think you can run a resort?

Randy T.

I just saw this in my local paper. This sounds like a cool program and kind of makes me wish I was younger.

----------------------------------------

Sierra Nevada College is offering a baccalaureate program in Ski Business and Resort Management that takes advantage of its Lake Tahoe location.

The four-year program will focus on operations, general management, profit centers, marketing and sales, real estate development and resort master planning.

Qualified and interested students will be placed in internships and independent study programs in a partnership with area resorts.

The program is “really gearing up for the fall semester,” SNC spokeswoman Michelle Filippini said Tuesday. “The advertising we’re doing at ski resorts is getting a big response.”

The college has been conducting an ad campaign with the theme “So you think you can run a resort?”

SNC, private liberal arts college in Incline Village, is not far from Sierra ski resorts that include Heavenly, Sugar Bowl, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows and Northstar.

Tim Cohee, former president of Kirkwood Mountain Resort and currently head of its real estate division, is director of the new baccalaureate program.

For details, call the college at (775) 831-1314 or visit its Web site at www.sierranevada.edu.

I don't anything about him personally but I do know that Kirkwood is undergoing a major renovation right now. They have already completed some new condo projects and have several more in the works and will be adding new lifts soon also.

Come to think of it this wouldn't be a good job for me because it's all about the $$ and expansion and I still like mountains that have the small hometown feel. I like Mt. Rose because it's still more of a locals resort than a major tourist place, but that too is slowly changing.