Note to New Members ×

This week in Pictures

Paulk

only if you actually use Auto white balance...which is a great way to completely screw up color photos....snow can often look good using the fluorescent WB setting

...right, but at the same time that's what probably over 90% of the people who take pictures use. :rolleyes:

I myself are usually to lazy to mess with WB - if I know that I might run into problems then I just shoot raw and fix it in Photoshop.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more of my crappy pics...

All the more fun because I dropped the camera out of an open pocket today. Didn't know I was missing it until we got to the bottom:(

Retraced our tracks on the next run, and found a little hole in the untracked snow. I'm going to play the lottery tonight:)

Scenes of a sunny start to Day 6.

post-520-141842246508_thumb.jpg

post-520-141842246509_thumb.jpg

post-520-14184224651_thumb.jpg

more of my crappy pics...

All the more fun because I dropped the camera out of an open pocket today. Didn't know I was missing it until we got to the bottom:(

Retraced our tracks on the next run, and found a little hole in the untracked snow. I'm going to play the lottery tonight:)

Scenes of a sunny start to Day 6.

Wow! Similar thing happened to me at SES 05.... I got to the demo tent, and 5 minutes later Bob walks up to me and hands me my camera. Found it on the hill. Then on my next run, I spot a yellow Motorola radio in the snow. Yeah, it was Bob's.

I myself are usually to lazy to mess with WB - if I know that I might run into problems then I just shoot raw and fix it in Photoshop.

Yes! RAW is the only way. So I always use Auto WB anyway because it doesn't matter in raw. Interestingly enough on my 30D it usually does a great job except in incandescent light.

Yes! RAW is the only way. So I always use Auto WB anyway because it doesn't matter in raw. Interestingly enough on my 30D it usually does a great job except in incandescent light.

When I was on the carrier we had so many different qualities and color temperatures of light that Auto was useless. Doing a custom white balance is pretty easy/fast and you don't have to be anal like me and carry a white/gray card any piece of white paper works and then you aren't bound by the RAW image buffer delay. Don't get me wrong RAW has it's uses but I've never been a fan of using it on anything sports related. JPEG high is faster and of enough quality for me to print 20"x24" if need be

Heya Paul!

There are a lot more trees there, than in Chile!

Looks like fun....... :)

Day 7 was only a 1/2 day. Short, quick, dirty runs. Weather was moving in, and the copter couldn't fly too high in the snow. No time to take any pictures. So here are some shots from the guide's(Mike) camera earlier in the week.

post-520-141842246589_thumb.jpg

post-520-14184224659_thumb.jpg

post-520-141842246591_thumb.jpg

This week in Pictures was helped along by a few friends.

Thanks Peter for hosting the trip, with Co-stars, Donald and Ted.

Guides, Todd, Mike(another hardbooter), and Lili from CMH.

And of course Fin, for building a great binding and hosting

this dribble on Bomberonline.com!

Next stop...SES!

post-520-141842246592_thumb.gif