Note to New Members ×

Need Killington Advice

skategoat

yup,

K is as tight as a duck's bum when it comes to dish counting.

Few years back they gave pass holders a 2 for 1 voucher for tickets.

of course, I got 2 and we rally'd up with a van full of non passholders. I flashed my pass at Snowshed, they insisted on zapping the bar code and got 2 for $52 or whatever.

Went to Ramshead for the next 2, zapped my pass again and he says sorry can't do it.

WHAT ???? must be some mistake....:rolleyes:

he had to ask his boss , all confused.

His boss gets all huffy like we're trying pull something.:nono:

Almost tried to find another random passholder to get a pass to zap, bagged it , shelled out and went riding.

F the K .

I mean, go to Pico, way fewer annoying Joeys per capita.

No i did not as i do not ride enough days to justify the cost. They have also done away with all discount programs for the ski clubs so will be spending most of my time at Okemo. I will be comming in march with the crew that you saw take a spill last year. Then heading to Stowe for the ECES. I gather that you bought a season pass again

yup i got one but haven't been there much this year - maybe only 6 or so times so far- I really miss Killington - seems that it will remain my favorite mountain despite various downsides and new owners.

I was wondering why you were going to Killington for the first part of ECES - so you are going out with the crazy boys - maybe you better stay behind them to be sure you are in one piece for ECES

Lots of changes there aside from being more expensive - and yes - I think less crowded - they are trying to change the whole nature of the mountain. Pals have told me that 8o plus passes got pulled for poaching early this year. Also I have heard rumors that the new owners are trying to bankrupt business on the access road so they can buy the property???? Their plan may be working cause in this banner year their lodging sales are apparently down 30%.

Also interesting is that the new owners are trying to avoid honoring the lifetime passholders passes but it turns out that several of these people are on the planning board and now the new owners are having difficulty getting their expansion plans passed.........:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up to watch for the Canuck riding a carving board with an aircraft wing motif - a grey top and a big maple leaf on the nose. I might be easier to spot by the bright yellow boot tongues and yellow BTS springs sticking out the back.

I'm there this Monday through Wednesday. Just yell "Bomber!" and I'll know it's a carving brother.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Killington Bomber

Higher prices and higer food prices havent dulled the crowd it has just introduced more prettyboy riders by the way best place to ride by fare is the gorge in the moring which consists of eastfall, double dipper cascade and escapade. These are rarly crowded and difficulty second only to ovation. Devils fiddle is never crowded but you end up at the bear mountain quad since the shut down the devils fiddle lift. Any one that likes to ride and doesnt mind my being on a frestyle board till i but another board come ride with me.

Guest Killington Bomber
yup i got one but haven't been there much this year - maybe only 6 or so times so far- I really miss Killington - seems that it will remain my favorite mountain despite various downsides and new owners.

I was wondering why you were going to Killington for the first part of ECES - so you are going out with the crazy boys - maybe you better stay behind them to be sure you are in one piece for ECES

Lots of changes there aside from being more expensive - and yes - I think less crowded - they are trying to change the whole nature of the mountain. Pals have told me that 8o plus passes got pulled for poaching early this year. Also I have heard rumors that the new owners are trying to bankrupt business on the access road so they can buy the property???? Their plan may be working cause in this banner year their lodging sales are apparently down 30%.

Also interesting is that the new owners are trying to avoid honoring the lifetime passholders passes but it turns out that several of these people are on the planning board and now the new owners are having difficulty getting their expansion plans passed.........:lol:

Well let me tell you dude they are messing around when it comes to poaching every ambassador and ski patrol guy ive talked with told me that they wont hesistate to pull a pass and this is how it goes

first time pass pulled for one week. and you have to go in and meet with the owner and explain yourself,

Second time- your done no questions asked.

Well let me tell you dude they are messing around when it comes to poaching every ambassador and ski patrol guy ive talked with told me that they wont hesistate to pull a pass and this is how it goes

first time pass pulled for one week. and you have to go in and meet with the owner and explain yourself,

Second time- your done no questions asked.

what happened to clipping a corner off your pass for each offense ?

3 times, yer out. Good to hear KMArt still sucks:angryfire

Charlie: I'm gonna let ya' in on a little secret, Ray. K-Mart sucks.

post-123-141842251853_thumb.jpg

Yes I am going up with my buddies then on to the ECES for Wed-Fri. A few dropped out the year but the yard sale crew are still comming up. I will head your advice and stay behind them. Hope to see you at the ECES

I saw something in a local paper over the Presidents weekend that said the expansions were on hold.

I have been going to Killington for that past 10 years at Presidents weekend and its always croweded. This year was different. The mountain was deserted. At lunch time it was really easy to find a table. People I spoke to said the the prior weekend was more crowded. I had friends that were at both SugarBush and Okemo on the Sunday of the Presidents weekend and they said that there were long liftlines. It was a pleasure riding at Killington that weekend. The new owners wanted to thin the crowds out and its working and i am really liking it.

Good to hear KMArt still sucks:angryfire

K-Mart sucks.

Awww Willy - I thought you liked Killington. Didn't I meet you there last year at the top of the North Ridge Chair on one of those beautiful spring days?

Yes Robert - I will be there. We moved to Stowe this year so I would have to leave to avoid it:freak3:

I just went to Killington Monday for the first time in 2 months and am going today as soon as it warms up a little.

Pals all say less crowded this year. Seemed so to me too. For example - Presidents week the mountain used to have 450-500 kegs delivered - this year 150. Owners supposedly happy with that - they want wine and cheese crowd - more money per visit - less visitors. Not sure it is going to work. Sad they are trying to change the personality of the mountain - BUT - it is nice to have less crowds

See you later in the week

KB

Guest Killington Bomber
what happened to clipping a corner off your pass for each offense ?

Just to tell you the new management is the one thats pass clipping hungry.

• 4 weeks later...