Note to New Members ×

boot decision time

tripine

I weigh 225, ride at Hunter every weekend, Use a coiler FC 178 And AM 177... 19 waist .. love to carve... never race and hit the bumps at every opportunity. Does anyone of comparable size and riding choices have experience with the 700s.. the 325t or the Heads.

I have looked at reviews but no one seems to match size and style.

Thanks

Not sure what you're asking but I am 220-230 depending on the scale :)

Ride a Madd 170 most of the time - Head boots - My last boots were 325's and I like the heads much better - much softer, more comfortable for my wide foot.

edit - I don't ride bumps, but I'm sure the heads would be good in them.

I want the boots to perform well in both areas. It's needing the bump flex without sacrificing the carving
With a BTS kit, you can tune the boot flex. I carve and ride bumps in my Heads. If it is really gnarly, I switch to my Tanker and softies.

I weigh about 220 and do mostly what you're describing as all mountain riding (using either Coiler AM 177 or Donek Axxess 182) and have tried pretty much every boot out there and I find that the Heads easily perform the best for all-around riding. In addition, they just seem like the best 'thought-out" boot, especially with their buckle system...

was it difficult to fit the BTS to the heads? I've been thinking about it but I'd want to see some instructions / step-by-step...

not hard. you dont need instructions. Just buy the BTS, get some extra short pins from bomber (or is it long? buy both) and install the BTS outside the spring slot. This gives you alignment. Drill straight through. DONE>

make sure to build in enough forward lean if you're a leaner

oh, and +howevermany for Head StratOs Pro.

ThermoFIT liners are partially molding. That means that the interface between liner and foot is moldable (or at least part of it is), but the interface between the liner and the shell is not moldable. These need a heat stack like you can find at the bootfitting shop and they shouldn't go in the oven.

ThermoFLEX liners are fully moldable, which means they mold both to your foot AND to the boot shell. These are generally cooked in an oven, but I've heard of people putting them on a stack to try to limit how fast it'll break down.

I forget where I read this otherwise I'd post that info.