Note to New Members ×

How many of you are stuck working instead of riding the POW

newcarver

Man, we have a ton of snow in our area and I'm stuck working until Thu.:mad: I think we are supposed to still get snow through the week, so I hope there will be something left by the time I get out:D I hope there aren't too many of you that are stuck like I am. Just save some Pow for me PLEASE!

Believe it or not, you've got it better than I do. I'm at work also, but instead of having epic pow right out the door, it's RAINING!!! All our snow is disappearing fast and I'm getting pissed about it. What a way to ruin winter!

Well,I may be struck by lightning for saying this;but I am ready for it to stop snowing for a week or two since it has been snowing here for weeks.I have had some great carving runs but only one or two whole days where I had great visibility or even saw the sun.The base at Lookout is over 100 inches and the powder has been fantastic.How does this fit in with this thread?Well,I went and got myself suspended for arguing with the skischool director so I am not on the hill today.Serves me right I guess. I should add that the arguement had nothing to do with hardboots :)

Sorry bro, there are no friends on a powder day.

Call in sick, kick off a non-existent relative and take time to "go to their funeral", whatever it takes.

I'm sorry sir, I can't come in. My brother-in-laws third uncle twice removed , Terry Magellen, died today...

Sorry guys.. I no longer work but if it is any consolation I only ride weekdays... it really sucks there is no one here, lifts are empty, the powder does not get packed down until 1:00 o'clock.. it is terrible so stay away. Be afraid of weekdays,., be very afraid.. :biggthump

May a gaggle of jibbers flatten out the snow before you, oh wicked one. :lol:

May a gaggle of jibbers flatten out the snow before you, oh wicked one. :lol:

Awe man you don't know what it is like out here... on the lift you look down the only tracks you see are your own, the cashier at the exit of the grille was asleep, I even went in to the men's room today and tapped my boot on the floor while in the stall and no one answered back! :lol: :lol:

Awe man you don't know what it is like out here... on the lift you look down the only tracks you see are your own, the cashier at the exit of the grille was asleep, I even went in to the men's room today and tapped my boot on the floor while in the stall and no one answered back! :lol: :lol:

Go on Senators Ski Free Day, the place is rocking! :barf:

Newcarver, missed you last week. Circumstances got in the way. Went to Steamboat over the weekend. I got back Sunday night to find the road home to Ophir closed by avalanches. It snowed about two feet sat. and another 8 to 10 "

Sunday day and another 9"after the lifts closed. Skiing was epic today. Carving is on the back burner till it firms up. Will try to save some pow for you. Gold hill was still closed today unless they opened it for a little while late in the day.

It should be epic again tomorrow if they open goldie.

The Ophir road is still closed; walk or ski in and out only. They may bomb tomorrow, it could be quite a show if they do.

Galen do you do a lot of biking in the summer?

David, sorry to hear that the road is closed. My son and I got to ride last Wed. Nice warm weather, but very crowded. I will definitely be out Thur. I'm hoping that this next system will dump some new stuff on Wed. Would like to try my alpine stuff out more, but will probably ride my 3800 with all the new snow. I might try and go to Crested Butte on Sun and ride my carver on some groomers. I imagine that they would have firmer conditions with their colder temps? Anybody know how the terrain is off the Gold Link lift? I see that its all blues. Was wondering if this is a good carving area?