Note to New Members ×

Proof that Santa is a Canadian

skategoat

The topsheet actually looks cooler in person, IMO. There are rivets and other detail that doesn't show up in the photo. It could also be the best performing craft in the entire RCAF.

Not the best photo of Bruce, sorry about that. He does look a little tipsy but the hardest stuff I've seen him hit is Coors Light.

Board gets it's debut tomorrow. I'll let you know how she rides.

The Custom went for her maiden voyage today. Immediately, I noticed how quiet and smooth the board felt. Very easy to hook into a turn, not so easy to get out of it. I felt very locked in. A little bit disconcerting at times, especially when near the trees. I was warned about this feeling with metal boards. It's going to take a few days for me to feel totally comfortable on the this board.

Later in the afternoon, I switched to my Volkl RT and felt a big difference. The nose of the Volkl was really slapping in the chop and I could really feel the chatter in my feet. Also the sound of the two boards is so different. The Volkl almost sounds hollow whereas the Coiler just didn't make a lot of noise at all.