Note to New Members ×

How wide a board can I use with TD1s?

John Bell

What's the widest waist that can safely be used with TD1s?

I have a set of these, for better or worse. I'm still looking for my first board. I know that with these bindings I can't go too wide. I have half a mind to just buy something super-narrow and force myself to learn on it. (I'm persistent and not afraid of a few falls.) The added benefit would be that with the requisite high angles, it'll be easier to skate when needed. (I've always loathed skating with my left knee all twisted around.)

Me: 5'9", 170 lbs. (77 kg), mondo 26 boot, ride East Coast USA 90% of the time (some ice, crowded runs, but powder only occasionally). No trees, no moguls. Just groomers and the occasional moderate dose of powder we get here.

BTW, if anyone has any ready-to-go, pre-cut, pre-drilled rubber/plastic/cork spacer things that are advised for use with TD1s, let me know what you want for them, and I'll buy 'em from you.

Thanks as always. And happy holidays.

John, you can make the board protectors yourself, I did. I took a milk jug and cut out the pattern and then punched holes in it with a hole punch. Use two for more thickness. Don't forget to cut the spacers for the TD1 bumpers while doing it. YOu might need some longer screws should you decide on doing this.

When you mount the plastic disks under the aluminum disk it will lift the bumpers off the board ever so slightly. Cut additional disks that go under the bumpers(between plate and bumper) to shim the bumpers back to their intended height.

BTW, 500 posts!! I just became an alpine ace