Note to New Members ×

Riding at Mountain Creek tonight 12/19/07

jtslalom

Wow,

Conditions were pretty good last night. We got a dusting of snow on top of the 6 inches of natural snow we already have on the ground. It was foggy but the snow was a good hard pack and easily carvable. I didn't really see any other carvers out there although there was a kid who was turning his freestyle board pretty good and pulling 360's off anything he could. I think this season is shaping up to be a good one. It can't be any worse than lats years.

JT.

Emergency: You are needed in the main forum. Everyone their seems to think its hard to carve 360's on hardboots. lol Wish I had a movie of you right now doing it on softies!

I'm a Mt. Peter guy, on bluebird weekday mornings now.

Last week at Snowbird Utah on my Burton Fish. Talk about Ptex rips.

Ride on,

Sic

I'm off all week - let me know- I'll make it a point to meet up with ya.

Also thinkin about going to Blue Mountain to meet up with with Chubz and JBS. Maybe you want to take the ride with me.

Any riding I do next week will be last minute stuff - I'll try to post before I go anyway. I have brothers & cousins flying in from all over. They all want to go riding next week but coordinating all of us could be mayhem at best. If anyone sees a group of boarders yelling at each other and laughing that may be us.

I haven't been to Blue yet but I'd like to. Next week is no good for me but I'd be up for a trip.

Any riding I do next week will be last minute stuff - I'll try to post before I go anyway. I have brothers & cousins flying in from all over. They all want to go riding next week but coordinating all of us could be mayhem at best. If anyone sees a group of boarders yelling at each other and laughing that may be us.

I haven't been to Blue yet but I'd like to. Next week is no good for me but I'd be up for a trip.

sounds good Er - seems like you in for some fun over the next week. Enjoy. If I see ya I see ya. As for Blue - after the holidays we can maybe pull the pin on a workday and have the entire mountain for ourselves.

moutain creek I'll be there every monday with the wife and some other family members rippin it up.

Happy Holidays!

PLEASE, PLEASE, post when you are going to ride. I would like to ride with other carvers. So far this year I have ridden with Orechio, whom I 'll probably be riding with alot this year. I'm sure I'll hook up with Eric J and I'm hoping to ride with Sic t 2. We'll work on that soft boarding 360 and hopefully develope more of a 540 which, by the way was acomplished last year at least 5 or 6 times.

PLEASE, PLEASE, post when you are going to ride. I would like to ride with other carvers. So far this year I have ridden with Orechio, whom I 'll probably be riding with alot this year. I'm sure I'll hook up with Eric J and I'm hoping to ride with Sic t 2. We'll work on that soft boarding 360 and hopefully develope more of a 540 which, by the way was acomplished last year at least 5 or 6 times.

I will be on North monday @ 8AM first chair!

We'll work on that soft boarding 360 and hopefully develope more of a 540 which, by the way was acomplished last year at least 5 or 6 times.

Here you JT. Doubt I'll ride the Creek this year at all unless I hear some raving reports about positive changes there. I got so sick of north trail being permanently confiscated for park purposes and/or those unannounced "quarantines" of good south peak carving slope for the ski teams that I just walked away from MC entirely. If I have 1 hour I got to Mt. Peter. If I have a day I go to Shawnee or Hunter. If I have a weekend its Gore & Whiteface. And if I have a week its Salt Lake City on my Fish.

But I will remember to post up if here is a chance we can ride some trail together.

Later!

Sic

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, SH*T!!!:eek:

Miguel Felicios!

I thought it may have been you-

Your quiver in your profile threw me off, though.

The Geryy reference shoulda clued me in.

GREAT to know you're alive and kicking-

You still a kickass rider?

get me up to speed, lad!

-Jay

hey jay! yup still makin trenches and been telemarking abunch. last time i saw mr o i was riding w/ a broken shoulder at diablo a couple summers ago hope all is well with u guys and i shemailed ya my cell if ya wanta catch up:biggthump

I thought for a moment there that the first pic in this thread was of the old ski school shack across the road, launched me into serious nostalgia mode. wicked cool! and since we've brought NJ's snowboard punk status to the fore, I've got beers ( at the 1st annual VV/GG reunion)for anyone who can correctly attribute the quote in my signature.

cheers

young william.