Note to New Members ×

hottronic footwarmers?

queequeg

The current version has better or longer life battery and they do not require monthly discharge / recharge. Our original version only lasted two seasons. Have yet to buy into the new and improved. I am not sure about punching a hole in my Thermo-Flex liners and being able to re-mold? They were the best thing to keep the toes comfy. I have tried multiple ideas to help keep the feet warm. When you take a break, remove your liner to see if you are packing snow under your shell near the toes or at other flex joints. You may be in for a surprise.

IMO - the battery packs are better off clipped onto your waist than riding on the back of your boot as sometimes a low chair will land on the battery just as you are sitting down to ride the lift up.

Alternate brand http://ecom1.sno-ski.net/bootheaters.html

http://forums.epicski.com/archive/index.php?t-50820.html

Tips:

Make sure your boots start out dry and warm. Remove the liners at the end of a riding day.

Applying a foot cream, like Gold Bond can help.

Do not over tighten the toe buckles which can reduce blood circulation.

Boot Gloves.

Spray your liner with anti-perspirant.

A Grabber hand-warmer pack placed on top of your toes helps. If I am doing this then I need two thin pair of nylon socks or liners with the heat pack between the inner and outer sock or liner. The ones under the toes tend to curl up when I put my foot into the boot.

I find if its cold, teens or colder, I will need to go inside after an hour and remove the boots and socks to warm my feet. After 15 or so minutes and a cup of coffee or cocoa I am good to go.

The current version has better or longer life battery and they do not require monthly discharge / recharge. Our original version only lasted two seasons. Have yet to buy into the new and improved. I am not sure about punching a hole in my Thermo-Flex liners and being able to re-mold? They were the best thing to keep the toes comfy. I have tried multiple ideas to help keep the feet warm. When you take a break, remove your liner to see if you are packing snow under your shell near the toes or at other flex joints. You may be in for a surprise.

IMO - the battery packs are better off clipped onto your waist than riding on the back of your boot as sometimes a low chair will land on the battery just as you are sitting down to ride the lift up.

Alternate brand http://ecom1.sno-ski.net/bootheaters.html

http://forums.epicski.com/archive/index.php?t-50820.html

Tips:

Make sure your boots start out dry and warm. Remove the liners at the end of a riding day.

Applying a foot cream, like Gold Bond can help.

Do not over tighten the toe buckles which can reduce blood circulation.

Boot Gloves.

Spray your liner with anti-perspirant.

A Grabber hand-warmer pack placed on top of your toes helps. If I am doing this then I need two thin pair of nylon socks or liners with the heat pack between the inner and outer sock or liner. The ones under the toes tend to curl up when I put my foot into the boot.

I find if its cold, teens or colder, I will need to go inside after an hour and remove the boots and socks to warm my feet. After 15 or so minutes and a cup of coffee or cocoa I am good to go.

Thanks for the great info - it was in the single digits at killington this saturday and I didn't take enough breaks ... although I (thought) my feet felt fine, this monday morning, I still can't quite feel my toes correctly. I got a little bit of frostbite I think (my toes were kind of white). I don't have enough room in my toes in general so I think a bootfitter is the place to start, but I also want to take a look at other ways to keep the toes warm.

My brother has the old ones and swears by them. Not the old ones, just hotronics in general. I generally don't have a problem with cold feet. Which is funny, since we both have circulatory problems (raynauds syndrome).

You can spray your feet with antipersperant, like Arrid Xtra Dry or something like that... Should keep the foot moisture down.