Note to New Members ×

Tricked Out 2008 Prior WCR Metal

Algunderfoot

That is one of the most pimped out boards I have ever seen....

I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I WANT ONE!!!!

Hey Dan,

Bring your credit card to SES, if you demo a metal and buy one, you and I can get this done in one evening, after a trip to the local hardware store. Perhaps a Guy's night out in counter of the ladies. Well maybe not the single quys, I imagine they will in close persuit of the ladies.....

C'Ya in Aspen

Al

Hey Dan,

Bring your credit card to SES, if you demo a metal and buy one, you and I can get this done in one evening, after a trip to the local hardware store. Perhaps a Guy's night out in counter of the ladies. Well maybe not the single quys, I imagine they will in close persuit of the ladies.....

C'Ya in Aspen

Al

Dude, you are about half a step ahead of me.

I ordered a metal from Chris TODAY!!! I can't wait.

So I'm definately up for a few beers and a seeing what a little polish can do while the girls go and live it up one night.

Only 8 weeks to go....

Dude, you are about half a step ahead of me.

I ordered a metal from Chris TODAY!!! I can't wait.

So I'm definately up for a few beers and a seeing what a little polish can do while the girls go and live it up one night.

Only 8 weeks to go....

Hey Dan,

Very Cool, Call or e-mail Chris, or the other guys at Prior, and have them leave your decals un-mounted, so you can place them after you polish, Also let them know that I was your inspiration, who knows, may buy me some cred next purchase :o

8 weeks bro!

Al

Hey Dan,

Very Cool, Call or e-mail Chris, or the other guys at Prior, and have them leave your decals un-mounted, so you can place them after you polish, Also let them know that I was your inspiration, who knows, may buy me some cred next purchase :o

8 weeks bro!

Al

I actually bought an in-stock board so they are already mounted and they freighted it yesterday. But never fear, I can always get new ones sent over later, or alternatively we can come up with a new design to work around the decals.

I actually bought an in-stock board so they are already mounted and they freighted it yesterday. But never fear, I can always get new ones sent over later, or alternatively we can come up with a new design to work around the decals.

Hey Dan,

One idea I had was to cafe stripe the board, as is, around the Prior logo. Then use the decals and the stripe tape as a stencil. Polish the entire board, tip to tail, carefully over the decals. When done, pull all the striping and decals off to have thier image left in contrast against the polished surface. Follow me? What do you think? This is something you could easily do as soon as you get the board, and enjoy the work from the get go......

Al

Sounds like a plan Dan,

Who knows, maybe other metal enthusiasts will want get in on this.....Heck, If I didn't love riding so much, we could open a customization tent of our own. Maybe next year, that way we can have many shining examples of creativity to sell the work.

C'Ya in February.

Al

what grit do you use to polish this?

think a brush on a rotary tool would give a nice swirl effect?

Hey Bob,

I used a 12" wide "Scotch-brite" pad- Fine / brown specifcally for metals.

Are you considering something like this?

I tried the rotary tool myself, as I mentioned I originally was after that old school rotary polish. However, with a hand held you cannot keep the buisness end on center, it wants to walk. The only way this could be done cleanly is on a drill press, or with a multiple head polisher designed specifically for the task.

I would suggest that you buy a 6" x 12" piece of sheet aluminum, typically available at a local hardware store, to experiment on. That way you are not risking much on the board itself.

I would look forward to seeing your creation. Or....you could join Dan and I at SES for the Monster Metal Garage outing......see above thread.

Good Luck!

Al