Note to New Members ×

Anyone near Jackson, WY?

two_ravens

Hey Tool Can,

I've been at play in the Fields of the Oil Barons, so don't know exactly what's been happening weather wise - but from the rumors I hear, I'll probably have a couple hours of shoveling ahead of me just to get to my house. Give a shout if you all are headed this way! I have every other weekend off.

Cheers!

Guest Tool Can

Two Ravens,

Very Good Then,

Every other week end

Will work on these guys a bit harder on the trip.

Solo adventure possible too.But when??

There has been some shoveling going on no doubt.

But the pay off at the top out there is sooo delightful.

Texas?

TC

Hey Tool Can,

I should mention - I am going to SES, then to work (we've got oil here in Wyoming too - I don't have to commute to Texas!) so I won't be home again until the first weekend in March. But if you all come over when I'm not around, there are a few other carvers in the neighborhood.

• 4 weeks later...

Snow King was epic today. best hard pac day i have had all year. there new grooming cats laid out perfect cord. was a bit warm though. i met "Dave" who works at the King and rides a Prior 186 metal, and rips. we tore the place up for a couple of hours. the ski school was practicing for the weekend race but they let us cross there course, no problem. dave and i are going to meet up @ 10am friday, don't no about sat., the forecast is for snow. :eek: i would rather carve! maybe we can all meet up...

SnowKing really put on a Carving Session! It was Great to ride with ya 2Ravens!!

The boy came home with a ribbon and a series trophy! Big smiles for him!!

We forgot to get a picture of all of the carvers there so we may have to photo shop one!

Thank again for riding with me! Keep up the great work! :biggthump

Unfortunately didn't get any photos on Thurs or Friday of our funny 3 day/4 riders Snow King Session, so caspercarver and Snow King David are missing from the photo record, but here is dredman making Sunday's super hard groom look like hero snow! And a shot of me making it look like the desperate endeavor that it really was. Maybe someday we'll actually get organized and all ride together! ;)

post-6122-141842252827_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842252829_thumb.jpg

super dave an i have been rippin at the king the past two days. it has been great, literally have had the place to ourselves. yesterday for 4 hours just our trenches and some ski patrol skid marks. runs were smooth all day. we are going today for a few hours this am. tomorrow is the big town downhill race so probably not a lot of room for anyone else. photo is from village a few days ago. lets try to get together before the king closes. cheers!:)

post-3662-141842252892_thumb.jpg

First of all I am a Dave too. There are way to many Dave's that carve between Western Wyoming and Eastern Idaho! 1 @ Snowking and 2 @ Kelly. Myself and Dave B. So the rest of you will have to change.

I will be riding Kelly Canyon this weekend. The snow has been great and the crowds pretty thin. Come on over. Kelly has some very fun carving runs with rolls, double fall lines, banks and hips.(cheap tickets too) After the 15th my Targhee add on pass kicks in so I will be spending weekends up there till the end of the season. My son has a ski race at SnowKing March 22 and 23 so I will be over for that.

Viva la Dave's

Are you going to be at Kelly Canyon Friday Mar 14? That is my next day off. I'm thinking Sat - last day - would be super crowded, so not as stoked about that......

And then we'll have to figure out how to get everyone together at the King or the Ghee....!!!

p.s. caspercarver - that's an AWESOME photo of you at the village!

First of all I am a Dave too. There are way to many Dave's that carve between Western Wyoming and Eastern Idaho! 1 @ Snowking and 2 @ Kelly. Myself and Dave B. So the rest of you will have to change.

Viva la Dave's

In a regional survey, 3 out of 5 carvers said "Call me Dave!" :D Maybe caspercarver and I should change our names, that would make it all so simple..... ;)