Note to New Members ×

If they can do it

Rob Smith

in Calgary, we should get together here too...

- run gates?

- carve and have a beer, for sure.

They are getting a training lane at COP wkly under the lights.

How many of us have 5x7's?

My guess is we would need at least 10 or 12 riders to set gates. We could also enquire with local race teams to see if they are training week nights & join in. Derek N. used to train his team Tues. nights. at Blue.

However carvin in a pack works for me.

How long you out with the back thing? Gonna be at Osler for csquareds day?

I have a 5x7 for Blue. Never raced before. Never had the opportunity as a recreational carver with reasonably small kids to hang with at the hill on the weekends. But I do get out to Blue on weekday nights and getting with at group of carvers would be great.

Does sound like fun though. If it can work out I am in.

D. :biggthump

I'm probably out for the season. I might show up for SOS for beers and to try out the new HD camcorder that I am rumoured to be getting for Xmas.

Running gates is a blast. It really improves your riding. It would be great if Rob or a coach from Caledon could give us some pointers too. I could also try to bring along a coach from the Oshawa team.

I've always hesitated to do this because I did not want to embarass anyone who felt anxious or awkward about doing gates but, for $325 we could have our own 'fun' race set-up for an hour or two that day (basically half-hill course without electronic timing). If everyone kicked in $10 - 15 we could make it happen. Would there be any interest in this?

Henry, if Santa leaves a camcorder under your tree, many of us will be buying you beers (to ease your herniated disk pain).