Note to New Members ×

Prior WCR Metal Slalom?

oldkey

Certainly the GS version of the Metal is an awesome board, especially in ice and ruts. How do you think a WCR slalom would ride in a Metal? The same? I wonder why Chris doesn't offer that configuration? Has anyone ever ordered such an animal?

Too damp

....is 135 lbs. His current WCR 155 was made softer....and it really absorbs crud well.....at least seeming to allow him to not get tossed out of rutted courses. We kinda thought that a typically configured Metal would do the same. Are you suggesting Chris and Kent that for SL a damp board is a bad idea? The most noticeable "new" thing at RTTC this year was the number of Metal Kesslers - though certainly a different board, I only heard rave reviews. Thought that a SL Metal Prior might be the answer to a Kessler now, with hopes of a used Kessler when possible. Looks like I need to understand the physics better......

...my question is should I have one made? The kessler SL boards do work well.....would a Prior Metal be comparable.....or much softer, I wonder? My son rides a softer WCR race now and loves it.....just needs a longer one. Thought that stepping up to the Metal in a SL configuration would be easier than trying to actually get a Kessler this season. But....am I comparing apples to oranges?