Note to New Members ×

Theft Prevention

bartron

I was at Stevens Pass last season, leaving mid-afternoon, when I was approached by security. I was carrying two boards so they stopped me and asked about that. Told them they were both mine (also showed 'em my pass) and offered to step into both of them on the spot. Being a hardbooter has it's advantages!

I was at Stevens Pass last season, leaving mid-afternoon, when I was approached by security. I was carrying two boards so they stopped me and asked about that. Told them they were both mine (also showed 'em my pass) and offered to step into both of them on the spot. Being a hardbooter has it's advantages!

LOL the exact same thing has happened to me at Steven's Pass!

I had a freeride board and a carving deck, both mounted with plates, and as I walked out, security stopped me and said "How come you're carrying two boards?"

Naturally, I was all like "duh, so I can shred groomers <b> and</b> ride off-piste!" I also offered to clip in on the spot. I think this helped them realize I was innocent: don't think they'd ever seen a hardboot setup before, and they couldn't imagine that there could possibly be two on the hill in a single day. :)

Nice to know that Steven's is keeping an eye on things in that way, though.

LOL the exact same thing has happened to me at Steven's Pass!

I had a freeride board and a carving deck, both mounted with plates, and as I walked out, security stopped me and said "How come you're carrying two boards?"

Naturally, I was all like "duh, so I can shred groomers <b> and</b> ride off-piste!" I also offered to clip in on the spot. I think this helped them realize I was innocent: don't think they'd ever seen a hardboot setup before, and they couldn't imagine that there could possibly be two on the hill in a single day. :)

Nice to know that Steven's is keeping an eye on things in that way, though.

Dan and Jon.. Hi y'all

Your story reminds me when I was haulin my Volkl 178 and my Hot Blast 178, both black top sheet and two guys asked me as I was walking -- Are those skis??

My very first snowboard freeride Oxygen 154 was stolen from the rack while having a coffee break with my buddy 4 years ago at Hemlock Valley. They took only mine. I reported to resort security and asked me to fill in a report and very important if I knew my board's serial number so they can forward it to RCMP for record, my board was a goner. Do you keep track of your board's S.N. I don't. Now a days I lock my boards within a lockable ski rack. I can fit in 2 boards back to back. I won't recommend a combination lock with tiny wire cable. A nail cutter will do it.

ruwi

I think that leaves alpine as MORE likely to be stolen, since what are the chances they are going to have an Alpine board as bait? So the criminals Can bet they can get away with it.

They generally don't steal alpine boards, they're too weird looking and nobody wants to buy them black market. I'm always OK to leave a squaretail sitting on the rack, but I lock my Donek Axxess.

At any given time I can have up to 6 (YES SIX) snowboards up at the mountain, and usualy if I;m not at my home mountain, and am traveling with people to other places, I'll have 3. The soft gear 121 mini, the rozi 152 softgear, and a carve board. I walk in with 3 boards, 2 kinds of boots, and it is all roped up together in a quiver sling, so people usualy make comments about having a need for a pack mule or a sherpa guide... :angryfire

Never ben questioned though about the boards all being mine, but just incase, I have a sheet with all the serial numbers at home, or used to keep it in the glove box of my car or locker incase I needed to fill out a STOLEN ITEM report.

I had a very nice pair of gloves stolen off the boot/glove dryer rack in the employee locker room at Jiminy once, and I was very dissapointed to have to blame one of my coworkers for it, but never found out who it was. Now I lock up everythign and bring my boots/ gloves home with me. They dry out faster anyway.

We have a locking Saris roof rack. The car is never that far from the hill. Especially considering the 300ft of vert. 3 boards, 2 pairs of boots, always a bunch of gloves and hats and jackets and handwarmers... CAmeras and junk.. IT's all just in the car.