Note to New Members ×

So I need to recover a board from a practical joke....

NMU Alpine Boarder

So some friends of mine thought it would be funny to put nordic kick wax on a friends board as a joke last spring for their last day of riding... Well, our local hill opens this weekend, and said friend wants to use the board.... What do I have to do to get board to glide again?

I have no idea what was put in there other than it was a SWIX kick wax that was hot ironed in... There is still some that can be scraped off, but for the most part, most of the excess is gone...

I am assuming that I can't just hot scrape and pull most of it out?

it's just wax :cool:

every time you hot wax you add / subtract wax from the base, just put a coat on let it cool scrape it, put a coat on let it cool scrape it, it it was a warm klister, cut it with a cold wax a few times, no time at all it will be absorbed, your base will be proctected and no harm done

now if you want a laugh, cut diagonal slits into the base with a razor into the base of the board. when you flex the board, they will open up and act like brakes :eplus2:

For the record:

1. I would never...I hope you all know that...

2. Not even my own diabolical idea....

I generally carry at least one set of AT skins in my rucsack. As it happens, I was out with a mate last year at the same time I had an half-repaired set in the bag, where the end loop had torn off, and I hadn't had time to sew it back on. So, he needs to stop to answer the call of nature. Leaving his board with me, flat on the snow.

Yes. Yes I did.

How I laughed, as I climbed back up the slope and waded through the snow off the side of the piste where he'd thrown it after realising what was going on.

Funny joke, though.

Simon