Note to New Members ×

Finally Got My Fp!!!

paragonUE

set that piece o junk on fire :angryfire ya tuna breath mow ferka !

:) That just made me laugh like mad. I think it made my afternoon..

For some reason it reminded me of Farva on Super Troopers.

"I can say meow. Hell. For $10 I'll call the guy a chicken ****er..."

"License and registration... CHICKEN ****ER! BuCAAAWW!"

Looks like a perfectly good setup to me.

Your binding angles look steeper than they need to be, though. I'd start with setting the rear binding so the toe and heel of your boot are right at the edges, then set the front about 3 degrees steeper. I'm guessing that would give you about 60f/57r or 57f/54r on that board.

don't worry, i'll get him up to speed this weekend:eplus2:

now that you mention it i might also reccomend a little wider stance from the look of it, though it might be hard to tell from pictures.

Apologies if I offended...

I understand not everybody can afford a new custom board, but that was part of my point of the BOL classifieds having such great deals on used gear. I see the FP's and such flying off the boards and Mike T's like new Olympic Donek sitting there for almost two months at half the cost of new purchase. I'm sure Paragon will eventually outgrow that FP and start to build up his quiver-even on a limited High School budget. If you want something bad enough you'll find the means to get it.

Anyways guess I should just keep my mouth shut next time. Again I went through four "cheaper" boards before I landed on a custom Coiler and I lost some cash in the process. Just trying to save the guy some cash in the long run but to each his own. Obviously he's already made the purchase so I was mainly commenting on future quiver additions.

Like it or not that FP will likely become his rock-board-carver in the end.

At least he will be riding on plates and it looks like he'll have a strong mentor!

Cheers

At least he will be riding on plates and it looks like he'll have a strong mentor!

Cheers

None taken on any part (Garecht had to run out for a bit, so i'll let you know he's not sore), just didnt want anybody to get the wrong impression. He's stoked about alpine, drooling over coilers, doneks, nideckers, tinklers and the like.

And as for a mentor... well at least he can learn how to yard sale with style:smashfrea

I think the best thing I have read in this thread is that paragon is in highschool.Here's to injecting some young blood into the hobby! Paragon,I hope this site doesn't curb your enthusiasm for ripping with your new kit.

haha, deffinetly not steve, that custom maple leaf coiler will have to wait. its snowboard season and i need lift tickets:biggthump

<!-- / message --><!-- controls -->

Hopefully we won't have an icy saturday at Jiminy peak! quote.gif

Is there any other kind?

Dude, paragon I am personally super stoked at your new acquisition. I bought an Oxygen Kr159 slalom in 1995 and when those FP's came in 97, 98 and 99 it's all I could do to sleep at night I wanted one so bad. They were like $500 min in those days and I think you got a hell of a deal stealing that thing for $160. It'll be worth every penny.

Don't worry about the gear snobs on here. Your heart is in the right place and you'll get there. Those boots should treat you right too. I bought 97 Burton Boilers new in 96 and I just replaced them THIS YEAR and I'm still rocking my Burton race plates from the same year.

So despite all the knocking on Burton stuff that these guys do, if you read the Carver's manual, it looks to me like a lot of the other brands for boots bindings and boards are higher maintenance and less reliable and have a ton of design quirks. My Burton stuff has always been reliable. Simple as that. Nothing has broken, worn out, or ever been cause for some kind of fancy rigging to get it to keep from coming apart.

So don't sweat it. You're in great shape and will be for years to come if you take care of your gear.

I remember years ago (probably at least 10 years ago) I took a carving/racing clinic at The Big Mountain. (I was probably on an Asym Air or Asym Alp back then.) For a couple of the days some olympic snowboard team members showed up on their FP's and rode with us. These guys were riding trees, bumps, doing jumps, riding backwards, everything on those FP's. I was amazed. I guess when you ride 300 days a year you get that good. Like I said earlier, it's not my old equipment holding me back, I just plain suck :) :o .

Most board for athletes at that level were custom made for each rider they are refered to as Race stock factory primes.

None taken on any part (Garecht had to run out for a bit, so i'll let you know he's not sore), just didnt want anybody to get the wrong impression. He's stoked about alpine, drooling over coilers, doneks, nideckers, tinklers and the like.

And as for a mentor... well at least he can learn how to yard sale with style:smashfrea

meow that really does look like a decent setup for short money. meow FPs and UPs are good boards and great call getting one wider than 19 or 20 to learn on

(how wide is it ?)

meow JAsey Jay ruled on Burtons but referred to them as "2 by 4s" when he started riding custom Coilers.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWH32hNLJ1k&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWH32hNLJ1k&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Truly epic trip, thats pretty good beginner setup. forgiving (though dead compared to the OD) and easy to use. Soon it'll be royal mountain time for you... i wonder if nick and andrew are still carving there? They havnt posted in a long time.