Note to New Members ×

Warm up the credit cards - Steep and Cheap Gearstorm is a comin'

skategoat

In my email today:

People are getting a little punchy around the office from the lack of snow, so we decided to change the forecast on our own. The gear storm is coming – tomorrow (Tuesday, November 27). 100 insane deals. Just 24 hours. You don’t want to miss this one.

My goal this year is to do all my Christmas shopping in my pajamas. This kind of stuff helps.

I had some heartbreak on this one. About 11pm last night, a $180 MSRP Oakley watch pops up for $30:eek: , I promptly log in but there is an error. For some reason Steep and Cheap doesn't work with the newest IE I have on windows vista. I have to go to an old sh*tty computer downstairs, wait 5 minuts for it to start up, then try again. I try to log in 3 times, but it keeps saying "sorry our system is bogged down right now, try again". By the time I get logged in they are all gone :mad::angryfire

Hey you fellow Canucks. Have you looked at the fine print of what they can and cannot send outside of the US.

From their site:

Due to contracts with the following brands, we are unable to ship any of their products outside the US.

If you attempt to order one of these brands and have it shipped outside the US, we will contact you and cancel the order. However, it is OK to purchase any of these products with an international credit card and have the product shipped to a US address.

Arbor

Arc'teryx

Burton (including RED, Analog, Gravis, Idiom and Anon)

B by Burton

Mark 13

Cascade Designs (including MSR, ThermaRest, Platypus, SealLine, and Tracks)

Fritschi

K2

Lowa

Nixon

Oakley

O'Neill

Polar

Patagonia Footwear

Ride

Vans

Fox Racing

We can only ship La Sportiva and Chariot Carriers to North America

We can only ship Billabong to United States, Canada and Belize

We cannot ship The North Face to Canada

We cannot ship Line Skis to Canada, United Kingdom, or Japan

So, that pretty much eliminates most of the stuff I would want to buy from them anyway. :eek:

D. :biggthump