Note to New Members ×

Good footbed

pebu

Hi all. Last year I molded my raichle 124s and thermofit liners without a footbed. They were terribly comfortable and super nice, but by the end of the year I think I did notice they were a little bit broken down. I was just so anxious to get in my hardboots that I just said screw it. But now I have some time. So I'm wondering what kinds of footbeds everybody is using in their thermoflexes (or others I suppose).

I've got skinny ankles and I think my feet are fairly average size, but my shoes always seem to pull the eyelets together when I tighten them. I think my feet may be thinner (height-wise) than normal. I usually wear size 9.5US and my boots are M26 I think, which I got lucky, cause they fit great. Nothin else unusual about my feet besides the skinny ankles but perhaps a fairly deep heel cup would be in order. The thermoflex seemed to take up most any issue I had.

I don't want to spend a hundred bucks on a pair of soles, but if I had to I'd probably pay 20 or maybe even 30 bucks on a set. As long as it keeps me tighter longer. Thanks in advance

Ben

cracks me up when people dont search and dont read a post before responding.

there are a few out there for $20-$30. SOLE are really just not that supportive. For that money, superfeet most likely.

definitely search, pebu...this has been done many, many times and there's already a bunch of info that you can get without having to wait or wade through responses from people who didnt read your original post :)

If your feet are fairly normal, or have somewhat high arches, Superfeet are a good option. Fitter that did mine @ REI also took the edges of the footbeds and radiused them before heating the thermo liners. You never feel the edge of the footbed that way.

How did he go about radiusing the superfeet? Just a sharp razor or did he have some special tool or somethin? Considering I'd be doing it myself, I probably best stay away from getting too fancy with stuff like that, but I'm still curious.

How did he go about radiusing the superfeet? Just a sharp razor or did he have some special tool or somethin? Considering I'd be doing it myself, I probably best stay away from getting too fancy with stuff like that, but I'm still curious.

Bench grinder, very lightly around the edge, then mold them into the liners. Mine feel seamless.

Ok, that's what I thought, but just thought I'd make sure. Basically the liner can't mold at a 90* angle, so it ends up with a little radius, and when pressured towards either side that corner will be pressured and you'll feel it in the foot. I think if I go with the superfeet I might do that.