Note to New Members ×

Longboard Kits

Chubz

I did some searching the other night and founds these folks.

http://www.roarockit.com/index.php

Dropped them a line about their product and got back to me right away. After I complete my first alpine board, gonna give a shot of buildinga long board.

Been keeping my eye on Vanguard Loaded but they have been goign for bout $230. The wife would kill me, but she doesnt care if I build one.

Thought this might be interestng for those of you with kids and even handy with tools.

L8R

Greg

I actually am very tempted to buy a kit this summer to play with on my days off ... and maybe some blank refill kits to play with shapes

I'll just need to buy a couple extra sets of wheels and trucks ... :eplus2: ... defiantly on my to-do list

dont bother with their wood, unless you need to be pressing agressive curves.

1/16'' maple is a good bit more expensive than 1/8'' baltic birch plywood.

just make sure you get BALTIC birch, the other stuff isnt all hardwood.

comes in 5x5 foot sheets, you can also get 1/4'' thickness if you only will be pressing very mild curves.

titebond III is the general top choice for this work, even though its a little expensive.

its a lot of fun, and a great way to save some money while getting to try out all kinds of new boards:biggthump

if you need more info, i've had a bit of practice with these presses & can probably help you out.

We have been using the Roarkit for a while at school with our students. They are ok, the Street decks aren't that amazing but the longboard kits are ok.

I build mine last year and it's great, I added a little camber to the board using weights. The results were very good.

477666106_59a22cb1b3.jpg?v=0

477666102_0671eec15a.jpg?v=0

477666098_23893f8a33.jpg?v=0

477666086_2c21249daa.jpg?v=0