Note to New Members ×

#two vs. the F2 Speedcross

Skwalleur

Just ordered a 161 Speedcross as it seemed similar in spec to Joergs #Two Purecarving board I tested during the Swedish Sessions a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone ridden both and compared?

I loved the #Two in the conditions we had (http://forum.alpinepunk.com/photos/default.aspx) and had loads of fun on it, but'll probably have to save up for it... And I guess they're out for this season.

I own both and the #2 is light years ahead of the Speedcross for all mountain carving. To me, the Speedcross feels like a too narrow freestyle board, compared to the #2. The 2 has bit more tip for powder, stiffer waist for holding an edge, more camber, more lively feel, but still a very forgiving and stable ride. The Speedcross, in comparison feels soft and a bit twitchy.

Teddo, you should have let me know that you were after wider board at HBU, i tought you were pure Skwal guy. You should have tested Pen Blackjack :rolleyes:

Hey Pokkis! Of course I'm the Skwal guy, but firstly a carver :biggthump

Don't know If I was just after wider, just something new to evolve with in different directions. I sure know my new Thias will make me improve as a Skwalleur and since I had so much fun on the #two I was just looking for something new (until I could get my hands on the #two).

The Afterburners are too little action for my taste, how would you compare them to the Pen?

All Skwalling put aside, the Silverpfeil remails my favorite beeing narrow and lively.