Note to New Members ×

USASA Nationals 2007

utahcarver

Like Andy, I'm headed to the USASA Nationals next week. Andrew is racing in GS and slalom races which are split between monday and friday. What's up with that? Anyway, I'm bringing everyone and need accomodations for 3-4 people for 6 nights. Anywhere in Reno/Sparks to stay without losing the farm? I'm figuring on $85/night best offer and more likely $100/night real world.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Besides the boy, I'm the only other one bringing eQuipment to ride with (I'm not racing). Anyone interested in freeriding and showing us the ropes on Tues thru Thurs?

I thought I'd bring the Tanker 200 and the UP 162. The Mojo worked well in the slush a few weekends ago maybe I'll bring that instead. Thanks for any help you Tahoe locals might offer. I'm headed over to tahoecarvers.com now to check out any other info, too.

Mark

Hey Mark!

I found a place for $20 a night in Kings Beach, its' only really a club for singles though. Randy turned me onto it. I could see if I could spoonsor you guys if you want, or anyone can stay in a room with me. It's totally possible. There's also a free shuttle from Kings Beach to Northstar that leaves every morning and goes back at 4:30, so it's a good option if you don't want to drive to the mtn.

Yeah, it's kinda weird that I'm racing on monday and friday. Atleast work is ok with me being gone for the whole week. I'll totally ride around with you guys Tues-Thurs! It'll be fun to ride around with other people while I'm out there. I'll have to email you my cell phone #.

Noah, your cell phone # still the same? I think I still have it.

Andy and Noah,

Just reserved rooms at Tahoe Inn at Kings Beach. Bringing the wife and youngest son, too. I'd like to put 2 days or nights on the hill hopefully with someone who knows the terrain. I'm an old fat guy but RacerBoy (Andrew) will keep up with both of you's or anyone else.

Good luck to everyone,

Mark

Andy,

Yeah, I could use a good change of scenery, like some SNNNNNOOOOWWW!!! I made 24.65 turns in deep snow this season. It was part of the Nine Days that the Wasatch Front got snow in Cache Valley.

It's okay, I'm a lifer. I'm in this business for the long haul. I still can't decide which board(s) to bring because I'm unsure of the terrain. I'm used to gentle groomers with moderate steepness thrown in. Racerboy is looking for some good open groomers so that he can get just a bit more out of the season.

See you there, if not Sunday, during the week. You'll recognize our group: buck teeth, overall bibs, no shoes, moonshine jug. Just kiddin'.

Mark

Tahoe Inn at Kings Beach

I'm here now! I just got into Truckee off of a 18 hour Amtrak ride that was supposed to be 13hrs. We had to stop somewhere outside of Winnamucca so that other trains could get out of the way. I thought that riding the train would be easier! Atleast I had a chance to catch up on a lot of sleep!

I'll lurk around Tahoe Inn fand look for you guys when you get in. I'm staying in Kings Beach too if you guys want to do anything at night or whatever. Let me know when everyone from Bomber wants to get together some night! I'll see you guys on the mtn or around Tahoe!

Andy