Do you Remove your bindings?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Remove your bindings?

• Always
    • Never
    • Sometimes
    • I think the shop does...
    • I have no idea

An earlier thread got me thinking, and with dual comps coming up this weekend, I'm looking at my quiver and figuring out the best approach...

I take pride in tuning my own boards, and definitely prefer a hands-on approach to hot waxing. I pretty much cover all bases: Remove old wax, P-Tex, file (if necessary), bevel (if necessary), sharpen and hot wax, brush and refine. I am also using a Toko hot waxer with reservoir...

I always remove the bindings before beginning the the whole process - not only for ease of access, but also because on occasion, if I left bindings on, I would notice that dimples would appear in the base where the inserts are located, but only under those inserts that were tightened. And only after the waxing/tuning was complete. This would suck plenty because I'd end up with extra wax right under my bindings, slowing the glide on my freeride/freestyle boards.

So, my question to the experts is: Do you remove the bindings before you hot wax? Am I crazy about these dimples appearing, or is my iron turned up too high?

Much appreciated from a newbie to this forum.....

:freak3:

I haven't really noticed much difference with the dimple speed inhibition. I sometimes remove bindigns but mostly just loosen the screws and leave things still attached. I try to remove and replace as infrequently as possible to save wear and tear.

J