Note to New Members ×

le massif or mont blanc

cail

Hey, just wanted anybody's input on le massif vs mont blanc. Do you have any preferences?

I'm planning on going up to one of these places with some friends the weekend of the 24th. I'll be riding either my alpine board or Tanker.... probably the latter.

I've only seen pictures of Le Massif and the views looked amazing.. I really prefer to go there. I saw the previous thread and it didn't sound to encouraging, with crowds and all.

Honestly, I totally looooove Mont-Blanc. Not too crowded, reasonable prices, usually nice grooming (haven't been there this year though)

Of course, I did enjoy Le Massif, but more because of the magnificient view.

If you are the only carver, maybe your friends will prefer Le Massif , but just tell them Mont-Blanc is waaaaay better. :biggthump

I personally think Mont Blanc Nord section has the nicest trails. Some are steeper, but pretty wide and nice. And the best part is that this section is not busy compared to the 2 others.

Don't see any problem bringing your alpine board.

Any advice from other fellow carvers ?

Yeah... if you go to Massif don't bring anything fast... runs are quite narrow and steep... Perhaps you could bring a shotgun... bloody two-plankers!!!!

:lol: haha.. i was reading your thread about le massif and that totally discouraged me. if we do go there i'm definitely not taking my Oxygen Proton, but will take my soft setup as backup.

BoarderYUL, thanks for the input! My friends don't carve, and they have no idea what is what... so I don't think I'll have a problem convincing them of Mont-Blanc (i'm basically planning this trip anyway) :biggthump

Mont blanc is nice and they have a few good trails but definitaly not worth the drive from albany NY. It's not very high even if they say it's the 2nd highest from the laurentians mountains.

Massif like everyone says is not the best mountain for hardbooting, you could get away with a madd 158 or something similar.

Le Massif is really "hit or miss". It is not a carving mountain. It is not that crowded, but like Aleyeyga said, he went their during the week of school break. But it's still more crowded than it was ten years ago. Like I went there 4 yeas ago, it was too icy to carve, but when I went there 8 years ago, it was too soft to carve. Bring a softboot board if you go there, but not too long (not a Tanker 200).

Mont-Blanc is nice, but it's more of an average mountain.

You can split a day Le Massif and a day at Ste-Anne. The conditions at Ste-Anne are almost always good and the grooming ispretty good.

if we do go there i'm definitely not taking my Oxygen Proton, but will take my soft setup as backup.

I don't know about Protons... but i definitely regretted not bringing my old KR72 (grand-pa of Protons) - really soft and turny... although i'm not sure how it handles moguls - I don't ride em... neva!!!!! :angryfire:barf: !!!