Note to New Members ×

Winter Park/Sol Vista 16&17th

Thor VonRippington

Rode a SG with a Hangle plate, NICE RIDE
I watched Inkaholic rail all morning on the concrete (ice). The other four of us were having issues keeping the edge biting into the ice and minimizing the chatter. Ink would just rail past us, board chattering (but significantly less than ours), but none of the chatter was translating through to his body. Between the board, Hangle plate, and obviously his style, he was unphased by the conditions. Very impressive!

Great riding and chatting with everyone.

THANK YOU BOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a good man for manning the tent and setting up boards all day!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do I start? Thanks Mario for the ride and grub, Thor for thinking of doing it, Bola for holding down the spot and bringing boards and everyone else I met, rode with or talked to. D.T. thanks for the kind words about the morning session and discount coupon.

The SG with Hangl plate is and incredible setup. The SG alone is a nice ride too.

Thanks! Ink

I'm glad that others thought it was "concrete". I assumed that it was just my "technique".

This was the 1st time I met you folks in person. What impressed me most was that the group is characterized by high skill & low attitude. This seems just the reverse of the bulk of snowboarders (big attitudes with no skill).

Even those with high skill were accepting of those with low skill. How refreshing! As someone once said "It doesn't cost any extra to be nice".

What a great group of guys. If I don't get up again this season, I'll look for you next.

I believe/ Good time was had by all!

I'm Grateful That I had a chance to Meet & ride with the

Colorado- Desperado's!

"Thor" was a Awesome Host/ I can't say enough about his effort! :biggthump

Sad to say/ I'm back in the real world today (East Coast)

(Working) Yuck!! :mad:

I hope to come out & ride again soon!

Thanks again to all !

Guest KrudKarver

Freakin' sweet is all I can say about this past weekend. I wish I could have made more runs (especially once I got my hands on thor's Coiler..), but I'll have one of my own next year to rail on...

Everyone there really made me feel welcome to the alpine scene.. lot's of good advice and plenty of great rides.

I'll plug Allboardsports any day...thanks Bola.

...never thought I'd be so depressed seeing the snow melt....:(

Guest KrudKarver

Thnx Recon! I'll be dreaming of carving now instead of motocross.

Let's keep in touch so we can hit a couple of places east next snow. I'd also like to see the pics of your new boards when you get them!

KK sure let me know if you want to maybe hit stratton VT Good Carving mtn. Good size carving community there ! that is if conditions exist A trip out west may be less expensive!

If it snows again In Colorado/ I'm Packing !!!!!!!!!

I was going to Snowshoe W.Va today but had a change of plan! Maybe next week?

I ordered 2 boards for sep. Will have them for next yr!

Im looking forward to some new rides!!!

Again I want to encourage you to attend SES next yr !