Note to New Members ×

Popping West Coast/ Rocky Cherries

Chubz

:nono::nono::nono: Gutter minded pervs.

Folks,

I have been several WC and Rocky locations riding and planning my first trip west from PA since getting married and having two boys.

Bringing along two friends who have never been riding west of the Poconos (thus cherries). Looking for opinions on resorts that have the following: Minimal commute or mountainside accomodations, price, evening entertainment (walking distance), grooming, powder potential, possibly snow cat or heli, multi-resort locale (not a priority if suggested mtn is big enough for a week). I know, I know, just give me your best shot.

Give me your top 3 and try not to be biased for carving or home mountains.

My top two where I have been with the above criteria.

Jackson Hole

Whistler

Considering Big Sky or going back to Jackson Hole.

Thanks

Greg

Thought about Aspen??? Lodging may be on the stiff side, but you have three resorts within 10 minutes of each other, the fourth is less than 30 minutes away. You can catch shuttles to all of them. Awesome grooming at Buttermilk...

Whistler Blackcomb would be at the top of my list given your criteria. Jackson is great except that you will probably be staying in Jackson, not Teton Village. That's not really a bad thing, but something to keep in mind.

Oh, if you go to Whistler, you can demo all the Prior boards you want!