Note to New Members ×

Which do you prefer wide or skinny boards

Fleaman

I have noticed that the newest trend in boards is wider up to 21-25cm making boards more AM-ish. I was just wondering if skinny boards are going to be going the way of the Dodo. Also turned up flat rear tails; Do they make the board more useable?

I have no preference of board width as of yet, but I can say the turned up tail absolutely aides in a board's useability.

Having about 2seasons on 2different swallowtail boards one a converted freeride board with an upturned tail and the other a 4807 with a flat tail about .5cm tail height. The converted board is easier to "deal" with. Rather there is less worry about what monouvers I can perform like the necessary switch riding to navigate crowds or bump covered steeps and trees. So more useable? I think more versatile and fun.

J

what I have....RC175 with a 18.8cm waist (I think I am still growing into this board) and a CC151 with a 19.2cm waist (this board holds and edge really holds an edge well in all but boiler plate, which surprised me). I like the way the narrow boards ride though I really want an 21.5cmAM169, trying to figure out how to swing one for next season...I think I said the same thing last season. The thing I like about a narrow waist is you can do/ride things that you shouldn't be able to since it's easy to transition from edge to edge fast, something I discovered riding my RC on the hill at Yawgoo.