Note to New Members ×

Rossi worldcup 190. Foam core or wood?

mr_roboteye

From what I know, the last Rossi's with the wood cores where the first generation of monocap construction: the red ones with the spaceship like drawing in dark grey. ( season 96-97 )

All the following ones ( white, blue/red stripes/yellow ) are foam with monocap.

From what i remember, the last perfect board they made was the 95-96 red sandwich constructed board ( that one on the link ). I remember seeing lots of races with that model. Then the following years racers started to look elsewhere for performance and grip because the foam ruined everything.

thats the last sandwich, but not the last wood core:

http://www.swoard.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=44

Board still rides great.. :)

N.

Red rossis are called throttles and they where made from 93-96(team and public) in lots of cores and construction.

The 190 is the yellow world cup model and some have foam and some do not. There where also some race stock gear that is beefier. All of the Yellow world cup are sandwiched and sidewalled. And the 190s are getting harder to find.(I still have a brand new one).

Kevin McDogall (SP) has been loving them for a while perhaps you could get him to PM you about it.

There was a time when Jeff Greenwood would show up on stock throttles and podium world cups when everyone elses gear was custom with production graphics.

I have one of the 159 throttles with a halfcap construction, and yellow sidewalls, similar to what rossi was doing with some skis at the time. Judjing by the JJ and J. Jones hand written and etched into the topsheet I have to assume it was a team board. The last time I rode it, maybe 2 years ago, I remember thinking it was a pretty great board...

Guest Digger

FYI and enjoyment.

These Rossi WC are definetely wood core. I finally delamed a 184 last month and I can spread the side wall and see the wood. The 190 is a hell of a machine and fun to ride. Hope you like some speed. They will come around quick but you really have to push them hard to decamber that 17m sidecut to a shorter turn. Not for crowded days or if you are feeling a bit lazy. Enjoy -Kevin McDougall

are both they have wood and foam like many of the other rossis from that vintage

I have no clue about the team boards but the production stuff had both in the same board, I saw a board that was cut open

one of the neat things that the reps like to show you

• 2 weeks later...