Note to New Members ×

Oxygen APX. What do you know?

forrest

i bought one for my wife a few years ago and like it alot. It is a good all-mountain carving board that does well in soft snow and powder It is easy to ride and a good first carving board, but it holds an edge well and with the correct input is a good performer. I have ridden it with soft and hard boots and it still performs well with the softies!

I too picked up an APX this fall; we're under extreme drought conditions in NE Minnesota so have been carving the same power-tilled, blown snow since the first week of December, but the APX has been a blast - forgiving enough, but handles itself well when pushed hard on the firm stuff. The 10.62 SCR works well in our environment too. I ride at 57/51 with Raichle 123's. Mine's a 165 (longest available, I think).

p.s. - we finally got some snow last weekend!

I have one, a 164 (orange black) that I use as my deep powder board. I'm 5'8", 175# and it gives me great float in the really good dry deep powder that we rarely see in the Sierra Nevada. I really like it for that, and don't ride it to much otherwise. For small snow dumps I ride a 162 Hot Shine which has pretty good float and is a great all around carving board that is pretty forgiving.

The Oxy Apex, on the groomers seems to carves pretty good, but I've noticed that you have to really focus on driving it all the time in the carve (really stand on it). I think the stiffness and the carve radius don't match up very well, and that results in a board that wants to turn before its really on the full edge of a good carve. I'm riding mine with my bindings set at about 45-50 Front and about 2 degress less on the rear. The lower binding angles may have something to do with the way it rides, although I it gets harder to initiate turns (get the board up on edge) with steeper binding angles that most of us are used to on our "real" carve boards (55-60 degrees).