Note to New Members ×

Tuning Guru's - How are you preventing base burn?

kmagvette

I am frying my bases every time I go out. I wax daily. I just applied an extreme cold wax to the suspect areas and did a warm scrape to prevent chipping.

Even warm this wax is a PITA to scrape and the amount of heat you put into the board is a bit disturbing - no smoke of course, maybe a little :). Has any better remedy been developed for this problem?

You also need a good base renew wax about once every 5-7 days too. I find these are best if you hot scrape every other time, and then apply again and leave on overnight, scrape and brush out in the AM, then apply your day wax.

http://www.dominatorwax.com/renewzoom.html

If the burn is bad, best to get a pro base grind and structure first.

http://www.summitskishop.com/ptc.php?page=PTC

I grabbed some Zardoz (notwax) from the lodge retail shop today so that I could at least keep going until I could hot wax tonight. It worked OK. I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use.

The rails on my Tanker 200 keep getting burned. I'm sorry: The toeside metal edge and the heelside metal edge keep getting that ugly gray/white ezcema-like scum on them. The Zardoz has helped in the past but, this time it wasn't as good as a good Dominator Zoom hottie.

Mark

Mike D @ PTC suggested to me only ironing in base prep or warm-temp wax and Wax Whizarding on the wax of the day over that. This, after working on a couple of my boards.

I've been ironing in the warm temp stuff every 5 riding days or so. No base burn to speak of this season, except on my new Donek that has never had a non-factory grind and even on that one it's less than I am used to.

Mike D @ PTC suggested to me only ironing in base prep or warm-temp wax and Wax Whizarding on the wax of the day over that. This, after working on a couple of my boards.

I've been ironing in the warm temp stuff every 5 riding days or so. No base burn to speak of this season, except on my new Donek that has never had a non-factory grind and even on that one it's less than I am used to.

Bingo! :)